Home

Remote Manager issues

Sho'Nuff

I just got a SWBFII-PS2 server on Art of War Central but I can't use the remote manager to edit it. I have to go into their file manager and edit the cfg files in notepad. Not the worst, but not ideal either.

When I use the remote manager (swbf2rm.exe) to try to connect I get a different error message depending on which port I try to use....

Using port 3658 I get this error:

"Couldn't connect to Server Manager! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060)"

Using port 3558 I get this error:

"Couldn't connect to Server Manager! The specified username is invalid. Verify the username is correct and then try again."

I've tried all the case-sensitive versions of my username and password to no avail. Anyone else have this happen? Do you think this is a problem with my firewall or an issue with the server company AoWC? Thanks for you help!

The first error is that there's nothing on the server side to receive your request to login (wrong port)...

The correct port is 3558... but the error says you're not set up with an account (or you are indeed using wrong username/pw).

I'm not sure how Art of War set up your account, but if you're using an admin interface like TC Admin or Cortex... your username and password for these interfaces is not the same as your login using the SWBF2RM. Art of War would have to set you up with a login account for SWBF2SM.. and then you'll be able to login using the RM.

Most GSP's will work with you on the issue, if you explain to them that you'd rather login to your account using the SWBF2RM. Most likely it's actually LESS access for you. It's only server management with RM. You most likely have FTP access and txt file editing with the access you have now. But the downside is that it's a lousy way to manage the server IMO. However; Art of War won't revoke your access through your normal admin interface in exchange for RM access.

Of course.. all this is contingent on Art of War letting you run the SWBF2SM this way. They may not want the SM running with the RM.. they may want you to remain on their current system as is. Like I said though.. Most GSP's will work with you.

Archived