Home

Brooking's a big baby, wah wah wah

Totenkopf

I saw, it is obvious the Vikings went to the Nick Saban school of sportsmanship. The touchdown pass was classless, but the Cowboys should only be upset with themselves for not being able to stop it.

Personally I like such classless behavior when it is done against the Cowgirls sorry typo, Cowboys.

Well it can be looked at either way honestly. The sportsman like thing to do would be run the ball and keep the clock moving... but it is the defenses job to stop the offense. However as far as Brooking is concerned, I wouldnt call a guy who has been a team leader and a class act in the league for many years a cry baby. Obviously frustration had a big part in his walking to the Viking sideline and giving them a few words. I would be just as frustrated if my defence played as hard as it did and the offense did nothing back them up.

Personally I think that had little need to be made into an article in the first place, obviously Yahoo couldnt come up with a decent standard game recap so they had to proceed to focusing on the negative instead of the positive, which is that two teams who have never won a superbowl will play next weekend for a chance to finally win one.

Personally I like such classless behavior when it is done against the Cowgirls sorry typo, Cowboys.

Please forgive me for past transgressions, mimartin. You are a kindred spirit :)

I saw this one coming a mile away. Romo and Philips. Who's gonna beat Gandolph the Grey and the Viqueens? (The Colts 34-21)

Wade is a great D-Coordinator. He should be working for Mike Shanahan or Dan Reeves, or somebody (like he used to and was best at doing). Good guy, lousy motivator, charisma of a potato.

Living here in Atlanta, I was glad to see Brooking go. Over-rated. He is an average professional football player, nothing more nor less.

As to those that feel the last TD pass was without class -

This is, Professional football. The offense is paid to score touchdowns, period, and especially in the playoffs. Success breeds success. It was a breakout game in a breakout year for Sidney Rice, which makes him and the Vikings even more dangerous and worrisome for the Aints. Love Drew Brees, ain't happenin.

Brooking's stats the last few years have actually been on par with Ray Lewis, so he's a little better than just average. At any rate, yes if you don't want the other team to score, stop them.

At the same time however, most teams in that position with that much time left on the clock kneel the ball or kick the field goal. So, it could be said that sportsmanship was not demonstrated as well.

I can see both sides of the coin in this instance but at the same time was all too happy to see the Cowboys go down.

I wouldn't count Drew Brees and company out yet, teams that do that usually end up getting steamrolled by the Saints especially in their building.

Ah well since the titans didnt do anything this year not too interested till the super bowl, but hope the vikings get there. And really brooking going over there wasn't a big deal just a few words. Hell my school team would have started a fight.

A little late to the party here, but I just wanted to say to all the people whining about this late score being "classless" or "unsportsman", you do realize the Cowboys defence was running a blitz on that play, right? So...why try to take out, or potentially injure the Vikings quarterback, if the game is indeed over? It works both ways.

*EDIT* By the way, I LOVE the photo of Brooking on the Viking sideline trying to tattle like a three year old child who wants a toy that big sister took away, whilst J. Allen literally laughs in his face.

Archived