Ghost

Name: Freelancer

Type: RPG Space Game

Year Released: 2003

Features: Exhilarating Graphics, A Deep Story, and Fabulous Gameplay

Developer: Digital Anvil

Producer: Microsoft Game Studios

General Description:

Experience a vast, open-ended universe filled with an infinite number of adventures. You are the freelancer Edison Trent, an intergalactic jack-of-all-trades. Your mission: whatever you want. Become a smuggler or a ruthless space thug, a naval hero or a trader. Dodge through asteroid fields while piloting elite spacecraft. The action is endless as you make your way through 48 known star systems. Greed, morality, compassion, anger... whatever motivates you, the dynamic universe will respond. Take the first step. The universe is waiting.

My Description: One of the best games I have ever played. The Graphics are amazing, the gameplay is awesome, and it has many places to explore. It is one of the best RPGs I have ever seen. It can also be played on Multiplayer. There are many mods for this game, the best is Discovery Mod 4.95, 2008 ModDB mod of the year. Many factions to join, and many ships to use. Discovery adds much more to that. Although it cuts out the story, it still has great gameplay. Oh, and if you are going to use mods, you will need Freelancer Mod Manager. It puts in mods, makes backups of the files the mod changes, and plays. This one has the best compatibility with other mods. It also uninstalls mods leaving the game just like it was before the mod was installed. Also, the saves are backed up.

Who has this? I think it is one of the best games next to Kotor

• 6 months later...

Great game! Mods aplenty for it, too. I got it when it came out, and was a bit disappointed that it was a mouse and keyboard game. I thought I was going to get to use my joystick, which at that time it had already been a few years since the genre disappeared.

I got over that disappointment quickly, though. The controls work pretty well. The story is good and keeps you playing. The voice acting is fairly top notch, too.

It surprises me that after seven years the mod community seems to still be fairly strong. It's been a few years since I played it, but I flew everything from Star Trek's Voyager to a Babylon 5 Starfury in the game. If it's a ship, someone likely modded it into the game.

:eek:

*Scrambles for disc and searches internet for mod.*

lol

I tried to see if I could find it for you, but no luck. I may have got it from here- http://frontierspace.co.uk/freelancer_mods.htm

I know I used that site before, but I can't find the mod there... If I had to guess, I probably got it from Lancers Reactor. There's a link to it on frontierspace, but unfortunately it's a "parked" domain. :(

I DO have it on my hard drive, though. I can always send it to you, if need be. It's part of a 12MB B5 Ship pack, though. Can email handle that? I never really send files, so I don't know.

Freelancer is a damn good game...

Though I didn't download any mods for it I did tweak it some on my own... I mainly added in Juni's ship so I could pilot it for the first part of the game, and keep it if I wanted to for the storyline, and made it so I could make money fast a certain points in the game, and at the end all enemy factions are set to neutral so I could explore the whole of the game without issues, unless I chose to make them. ;)

I got over that disappointment quickly, though. The controls work pretty well. The story is good and keeps you playing. The voice acting is fairly top notch, too.

I disagree in all accounts but the controls. The story was enough to keep you going but that was it. Nevertheless, it was guaranteed fun.

Archived