Home

#lucasforums

...It exists!

irc.gamesurge.net #lucasforums

Get your tushies in here, people!

[edit]

The Plan: Whenever you're on LF, join #lf. Hopefully we should be able to get a good party going.

1. Get a client like XChat

2. Read this quick beginners guide

3. Jump in

[edit2] Made a quick visual guide to join #lucasforums in XChat:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Open up XChat and go click the "XChat" button on the menu bar and click "network list" on the dropdown menu.

2.jpg

Click "Add" and name the new network "GameSurge". Then click Edit

4.jpg

In the "Servers for GameSurge" list, Edit the default server and type in "irc.gamesurge.net" (without the quotes). Optionally, tick the "Auto connect to this network at startup" box. Then type "#lucasforums" into the favorite channels field.

6.jpg

Click close, then click connect.

7.jpg

Thats it! XChat will connect to GameSurge and join #lucasforums.

If you ticked the auto connect at startup option, all you have to do from now on is just open up xchat, and it'll join #lucasforums. (now you just have to double-click the xchat icon, and you're in! Its as simple as that. ;))

I think Q was more interested in why you decided to start talking about #lucasforums on IRC specifically.

Well the OP was rather obscure in general and I wasn't sure what he was getting at.

Just advertising it to remind people its there.

People should be on there; a lot of forums have irc channels. We have one, but its hardly used.

acdcfanbill is usually on. The place used to be lively a while back. We should try giving it a shot to revive it.

Whenever you're on LF, join #lf.

Hopefully we should be able to get a good party going.

Who's in?

<snipped>

Just advertising it to remind people its there.

People should be on there; a lot of forums have irc channels. We have one, but its hardly used.

acdcfanbill is usually on. The place used to be lively a while back. We should try giving it a shot to revive it.

I think part of the reason it's dead is people moved onto to applications such as Skype. You won't find me on the irc, however if you have Skype feel free to add me :), quite a few on LF are there. Security risks are also minimal on Skype, if that's something your concerned about; use common sense and you'll be fine/

It was long dead before Skype, afaik. Haven't been on for a while since I'm on another server most of the time >_>

There used to be more people that stopped by to chat, but it didn't really catch on. Now it's just a handful of people who don't say anything anymore.

Heh, yeah

I think part of the reason it's dead is people moved onto to applications such as Skype. You won't find me on the irc, however if you have Skype feel free to add me , quite a few on LF are there. Security risks are also minimal on Skype, if that's something your concerned about; use common sense and you'll be fine/

Part of the reason i want irc to be tried is the availability of it. All you need is an irc client; #lf is a room that will always be there.

Also, while elitist cliques are fun and all, no one needs any special approval to join #LF. Its as public as the forums and its basically an extension of it. And it's open to everyone. :)

Part of the reason i want irc to be tried is the availability of it. All you need is an irc client; #lf is a room that will always be there.

Also, while elitist cliques are fun and all, no one needs any special approval to join #LF. Its as public as the forums and its basically an extension of it. And it's open to everyone. :)

No offence JIGOS, but has it occurred to you in your youthful exuberance there is a reason the irc client is dead? Skype, is free, and if you want to be invited into the LF chat your free to be added; there never has been any qualification for being in it other than having Skype. For me an irc client is not at all convenient; Skype is, that the end of the point as far as I'm concerned. And to be very honest for those who work, I'm sure that is also the case.

While Skype may cause social groupings they were already around before Skype, and the "elite", at least as far as I'm concerned is far less the reality that some seem to think it is. Much like many people seem to think the staff all think the same, and will behave in the same way.

It is true that someone has to add you to the conversation in Skype while IRC is a public room that lets anyone join. Still, IRC was dead even before Skype.

However, I'd like to mention that the whole Skype craze started from a few of us who were more or less regulars on the SWK website chat, not the Lucasforums IRC. Thus we weren't terribly worried about excluding anyone since it wasn't by any means a LF-wide thing, and no one visited it besides us and the occasional random person who often wasn't even a member of LF. Besides, Skype had voice chat as well, which was one of the draws of using it.

Since then other people have joined the Skype group somewhat haphazardly and now there are roughly 30 people in the biggest room and generally 5-10 active at any given time. If anyone wants to join it, I certainly wouldn't mind adding you; just message me with your username.

Archived