Home

will SK die in TFU2? (possible spoilers)

francium34

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, real fans (geeks) call him Galen Marek because they've read the book and will settle for nothing less pedantic. ;)

Isn't his name in the game manual?

Also, I've read the novel. In it, the narrative never refers to Galen by his name or even his code name when it is told from his point of view. Even after he learns that his name used to be Galen, it's still "the apprentice jumped to the shore" instead of "Galen jumped to the shore", and he seems to regard Galen as a different person from himself. It was a really neat little narrative device, and because of it, I personally like to just call him "the apprentice".

Yeah, the name "Starkiller" is kinda dumb and kiddish if you ask me! I think we should refer to him as Galen or the Apprentice. It would just be stupid if he died at the end of this game too, because they will probably make a third, and if he comes back to life AGAIN in the third, it would just be another reason not to play it. I sure hope this one has a logical explination of how he is suddenly alive again. I hope it isn't some sort of dumb reserection. I still look forward to this game though!

If he dies, it will be for the first time. I know it appears ridiculous (correction: it is ridiculous), but we never see SK's tombstone, we only see him lying motionless after the Lightning Match with the Dumperor. We assume he is dead because Palpy complains about him now being more powerful than ever (as a martyr, we presumed).

Hard to swallow? You betcha....

...thats just beyond lame. >.<

if they go with that idea (plot "hole") im applying for creative work at LA.

...#1 suggestion, Do not kill characters that you intend on bringing back.

#2 dead characters, stay dead.

anyone?:raise:

Uhhhh.... no. Just NO.

Comparing a TFU with Matrix is just a compelete fail- i mean, one is a serious sci-fi with a theme of philosophy and real- life action, and another is a child- game based on a kids' six-movie-tale.

The Matrix isn't so much serious as it is melodramatic and hokey. Reminded me of the 'philosophical' discussions I had in 8th grade.

Personally, regardless of whether Galen is or is not more powerful than Luke yada yada... Zerimar is 100% right. I don't remember who it was in this thread (or maybe another thread) who said no one thought they would kill Starkiller in the first game, but the first thing I thought as soon as I heard of 'Vader's Secret Apprentice' was, "Well, at least we know he'll die in the end." He needs to get gone, preferably along with Kota and Maris.

Yes, but this forum is not alone. Many other forums have those kind of people who join and only post once or don't post at all. What's the point of joining if you don't even want to be part of the community?

Anyway, back on topic of TFU 2, I would have liked to see a continuation of the DS ending for Ultimate Sith Edition as an addon or an extra part, just to see what happened, because it left a lot of cliff hangars. I know it's not canon, but that whole plot was really interesting. What happened to Gelen, Luke, the Rebels? Did luke become Galen's apprentice, did the rebels go bye bye, Did luke gill Starkiller? all these questions left unanswered. Sure Galen said "Very good my apprentice" at the end but that still confused me. If there is to be an explanation for the events in USE, let it me in TFU2. Hopefully, LA will have the brains to keep Galen alive or either put another main character in his place

Also, does it annoy anyone else when people come in her, sign up, make a single post, and then never post again, as is the case with this thread's creator? This seems to happen a lot on Lucas Forums.

To be fair, I disappear for months on end.

And I'll just make my opinion clear: Galen needs to die. Galen needs to die. Galen needs to die. "Now the Jedi are all but extinct," not, "There are several Jedi still laying waste to the Empire single handedly as we speak. That's not including the countless who are in hiding or who you will encounter later in the EU, Luke. Also, there are a lot more Sith out there (even though Vader supposedly brought balance to the Force by destroying the Sith.)"

They can't just keep creating more Jedi/Sith (powerful ones, no less) and doing nothing to fit it in with the Original Trilogy.

Yeah, I was just going to say, "Uh, I hate to break it to you, but more than one hundred Jedi survived the Purge, and many joined Luke's New Jedi Order," but I see you're already aware of what happens in the EU (which TFU is a part of, mind you). The truth be told, I don't like this, either. I mean, this was happening as far back as the early '90s, when all that existed was the original Trilogy. I mean, hello! Did you guys not take note of Obi-Wan's and Yoda's lines (looking primarily at you, Tom Veich)? But unfortunately, it's happened, it's here, and we have to live with it.

As such, my theory is that Obi-Wan and Yoda had a very particular view of what a Jedi was. To them, a true Jedi was not one who abandoned the Order and went away to hide with no intention of preserving or resurrecting it. That was the way of a coward. Obi-Wan and Yoda perhaps considered those Jedi fallen, while they themselves alone possessed the will to keep the Order going through their training of Luke, and to see it thrive again once he "passed on what he had learned."

It's one of those "certain points of view," I guess. Like I said, I don't like it and I wish Luke truly was the one remaining Jedi in the galaxy; but still, we have to deal with what we're given. Besides, these little technicalities makes it feel a bit more like a legend set within real history (like the fact that there were already Hebrew tribes living within Canaan before the Israelites arrived).

And, as I said before, there are no more Sith! The EU, while pushing it to the limit, has actually been very good about preserving the Rule of Two, at least in the most technical sense imaginable.

Anyway, back on topic of TFU 2, I would have liked to see a continuation of the DS ending for Ultimate Sith Edition as an addon or an extra part, just to see what happened, because it left a lot of cliff hangars. I know it's not canon, but that whole plot was really interesting. What happened to Gelen, Luke, the Rebels? Did luke become Galen's apprentice, did the rebels go bye bye, Did luke gill Starkiller? all these questions left unanswered. Sure Galen said "Very good my apprentice" at the end but that still confused me. If there is to be an explanation for the events in USE, let it me in TFU2. Hopefully, LA will have the brains to keep Galen alive or either put another main character in his place

I don't see the point in that because the game is focuses on being Starkiller. Having Luke there is something that gets in the way now if you catch my meaning.

And the point of these missions is to have something to do and a big boss fight. The only Jedi left is Yoda. The problem with that is exploring Dagobah. Killing wildlife over and over again isn't going to be very fun. The Yoda fight could be, but that's it.

Anyway, that's the only mission I can think of that would be be worth considering, but even I don't think it would be unless you have a situation where Yoda leaves Dagobah and you get to fight maybe some more Rebels.

That's why I wouldn't expect more missions for the alternate ending of TFU. It is what it is.

...Legacy era?

The Rule of two is a doctrine of Darth bane and his line of Sith Lords, Lumiya and Jacen follow this, the One Sith of the Legacy era Follow the ancient Xoxaan... A Sith of the purest stock, The Lost Tribe are also more Closely related to the aforementioned Sith, under the Banner of Naga Sadow, another Sith Group not confined by a two Sith Rule

...Legacy era?

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhh . . . that's . . . long after the movies . . .

Really not sure what you're getting at here. The Rule of Two at the time of the movies remained intact and was never broken (unless you count a few minor things from before the prequels came out, which have been since retconned).

The Rule of two is a doctrine of Darth bane and his line of Sith Lords, Lumiya and Jacen follow this, the One Sith of the Legacy era Follow the ancient Xoxaan... A Sith of the purest stock, The Lost Tribe are also more Closely related to the aforementioned Sith, under the Banner of Naga Sadow, another Sith Group not confined by a two Sith Rule

Oh yeah, the Lost Tribe of the Sith does technically violate the Rule of Two (which is ironic because they've been so diligent about preserving it since The Phantom Menace came out and have retconned all previously contradictory instances to fit with it, and now they go ahead and violate it with the most unlikely scenario). But I guess if you look at it from the perspective that this tribe was an offshoot of the Sith and had departed so far from traditional Sith doctrines that they would not be taken seriously by the "true" Sith (Bane's order), I guess it's not very serious.

If that makes any sense.

Archived