Home

Possible Explaning to do

dePollo

Hello

I don't know if this is the right message board or if you all even know what I am talking about here, so if I have this all wrong, please ignore my rantings, hehe.

I'm wondering if someone named CaribbeanPierre or something like that has been posting rude stuff on here? If so, let me do some explaining --

This person is a real life friend of mine who has recently suffered a very serious trauma in his life -- not going to go into anymore detail than that. Unfortunately, his way of "dealing" with it is lashing out at other people. I really feel bad for him because up until now he has been a perfectly nice person, but this recent tragedy has really messed him up emotionally. We both got Monkey Island 4 a few weeks ago because we are huge MI fans. He is trying to keep his mind off of real life by playing video games -- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The reason I bring this all up is because a couple days ago he was bragging about insulting some people on a MI message board -- I THINK he said it was this one. So, I just thought I'd offer you all an explanation and an apology on his behalf. I have no clue what he said to you all -- can't seem to find any posts by him -- but I'm sure it wasn't nice.

Oh well, that's all. Again, sorry to all if this is the where he was flaming. I really hope he gets his life back on track because he is a decent person deep-down, he just has some serious problems right now. smile.gif

Yeah he's been insulting people on here. All the posts he's posted have been deleted. He started off nice enough asking why people on the message board hate walkthroughs so much, we were trying to explain why we don't like them, but he was making some valid points and I was agreeing with him, then he turned on basically everyone and abused everyone. He's been very racist, I don't know if that's because of the trauma, but some of it could or has been offending to some people

------------------

disco.gif

Check Out My New Homepage, And Sign The Guestbook, Otherwise I'll Be Upset!

I just remembered it's CaribbeanPete, not Pierre, hehe.

Yeah, Natty, that sounds like him lately. Again, I'm sure he doesn't really mean the things he says, it's all due to what he's been through recently.

Well anyway, just wanted to clear some things up about him. I will try to get him to apologize personally, but that might be a little tricky. smile.gif

I haven't been taking him too seriously, I don't think many of the people on the board have either, I just worry that someone, whether it be someone who posts regulary or someone who's coming on here to look for hints could read what he's been saying and take it personally, I know it's not your fault and I am greatful that you have taken the oppertunity to apologize on his behalf.

------------------

disco.gif

Check Out My New Homepage, And Sign The Guestbook, Otherwise I'll Be Upset!

ok if this is true i do remeber this nutty fruitcake and he always posted in thye clues part of the forum.So if you are a ''friend'' how did you know to post it in here.Unless you are Caribbean pete in disguise.

Tell pete that racism is not cool,if you are pete then you watch wat you r doing! mad.gif

------------------

*french grunt*

Thank you, Natty.

I knew to post it in the "Clues & Hints" section because he mentioned it in his braggings. What I wasn't sure of, was if this website was the right one -- but I had a pretty good idea that it was considering that this is the only one I've been able to find in my searching.

I cannot change your thinking, frenchyted, but all I can say is that I am definitely NOT my friend in disguise.

PS - Still trying to get him to apologize personally.

DiscoStu, that would be the "Bluenose." And quite frankly, I am offended by the accusations I am getting. I came here to clear up a bad situation, and I am being greeted with rude accusations. What's up with that?

your story checks out but how come instead of saying depollo is online it says carribean pete???check out the who`s online thingy.

p.s. i`m not accusing you of anything.

[This message has been edited by DiScO StU (edited June 10, 2001).]

Ok, sorry I flew off the handle there. For an explanation of us both being on-line, check out my post "Possible Explaining to Do," as I think I figured out why that's happening.

dP

Woops, sorry, I mean check out the post "Nfgb or Murta" for the explanation. This post is "Possible Explaining to Do," duh!! hehe

[This message has been edited by dePollo (edited June 10, 2001).]

Guest grannen

To dePollo

Sorry to hear that CaribbeanPete have had problems but let's hope his life soon will be normal.

Re his postings - I don't think anyone here took anything as a personal insult. We were more astonished and amused and our answers were really not polite, infuriating him more and more. wink.gif

But send him my best regards.

Grannen

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

Archived