Home

Runescape

Ghost

Now I am sure some of you have played let alone heard of Runescape. It is one of the most popular MMO's of this day. It does not have the best engine nor the best graphics, but its gameplay is what drives people to play it. Recently, Jagex, the creators of Runescape, have made many improvements graphically to make the game seem more modern.

EDIT: A lot of people who like older games play it, I've played it for about 5 years so. It is kind of a medieval based game with dragons, swords, goblins, and knights and all that. But it is actually much more than that, and their holiday events are fun. The only thing I think that sucks about the game is that you use primarily your mouse. I do like the recent 3d keyboard games better than mouse games but it is still a great game. (end edit)

You can share your character if you want. Oh, and for those who don't know what or where it is:

http://www.runescape.com/

Oh, and heres my guy:

Nccjohnathon

Combat lvl 50

Cash: 2.7 mil

my last one was lvl 88, but i got bored of it and wanted to start fresh

So, how about you guys?

Guild Wars sucks balls. A lot of the newer mmos do. And to me, Even WoW sucks. The only one i think is better than Runescape is Sw Galaxies, but I can't afford it

Says the kid who thinks Runescape is a great "game".

It is a terrible flash MMO that was a failure of a game when it came out, and all it has done to improve upon itself like, 7 years is moderately improve its graphics from google images cut outs (not joking) to barely discernible sprites/3d models. And don't start with any "well, you don't play it right" or something, because I watch my cousins play this game all the time. Its atrocious.

Most MMOs suck. For that you have a point. But Runescape has, and always will be the butt of jokes when referencing "free" MMOs.

Also, you can play Galaxies for "free" off of Fan Emulator Servers.

It is a terrible flash MMO

Right... Ever heard of MapleStory or AdventureQuest, now those are terrible. Atleast Runescape has good plots. RS Classic sucked, RS 2 doesn't.

Runescape has, and always will be the butt of jokes when referencing "free" MMOs

Hmm, ever heard of Members? Or were you too cheap to try it out. Members has loads of stuff. And, look on there site. Wonder why millions of people play it?

Runescape is one of the few games that doesnt even bother to hide the fact that it is a directionless online job for kids with too much time

Yeah, uh-huh, why is it that I know so many people that play it and they are 15 and up? My Uncle plays it, so yeah. If you say it is for kids, then why is it that only people 13 and up can play it?

At least most other MMOs bother putting in some direction and having the creativity to come up with more than 4 attack moves.

Runescape has a plot, if you haven't noticed. And when you say most, that only means a few. Because most mmos I see and just 2-D wastelands. And most 3-D games are a waste of time because the are usually all graphics and spec effects and no good plot.

Also, you can play Galaxies for "free" off of Fan Emulator Servers.

If you mean "Free" then you mean a "free" trial. Thats the only thing "free" I have seen in SW Galaxies.

Yeah, uh-huh, why is it that I know so many people that play it and they are 15 and up? My Uncle plays it, so yeah. If you say it is for kids, then why is it that only people 13 and up can play it?

I know a person who plays it who is over 13. Thats right, 1 person. He is probably one of the most awkward and nerdy people I know. And I know a lot of very nerdy and awkward people. Everyone else either never played it because they thought it looked stupid or they played it and realized how pointless it was.

Runescape has a plot, if you haven't noticed. And when you say most, that only means a few. Because most mmos I see and just 2-D wastelands. And most 3-D games are a waste of time because the are usually all graphics and spec effects and no good plot.

Sorry, but I don't consider sitting around killing chickens and cows for 20 hours a plot. And you clearly havent seen any MMOs recently. LOTRO has the books storyline thing. WoW has the warcraft universe which gets pretty deep. Guild Wars has the Charr and the undead and all the stuff after that I didn't bother to play because the expansions were weird. Eve Online makes its own story without the genocide of farm animals. And so on and so forth.

Everyone else either never played it because they thought it looked stupid or they played it and realized how pointless it was.

Hmm, thats probably just you talking. A lot of people who do play it aren't nerds. Unless they play it 24/7. Then thats a nerd, but most people just play it like an hour then they're done.

Sorry, but I don't consider sitting around killing chickens and cows for 20 hours a plot

then you must have not played the quests. If all you did was just do what you said, then that would have no taste. Do all the quests on Runescape then say it has no plot. Or are you just too proud and judgemental?

WoW has the warcraft universe which gets pretty deep

WoW is for people who just are all about Spec. Effects. And that game can have bad effects on people. I know one who just can't get off it, and play it all day.

Next time you people pass judgement on a game, play it for atleast an hour or two.

Guild Wars sucks balls. A lot of the newer mmos do. And to me, Even WoW sucks.

And compared to them - you like Runescape?? what the hell do you smoke :PP

and what the hell is with taking turns to attack?? your saying to some dragon dude, OOO i just hit you for 12, NICE !! Your turn!

If you mean "Free" then you mean a "free" trial. Thats the only thing "free" I have seen in SW Galaxies.

No, she means 'free' as in playing on a private server, without subscription fees.

I don't know or really care about Runescape, tbh - it really doesn't look interesting to me personally.

runescape... its total waste of time. at least to me. i played it for a few weeks when i was 7 years old, after that the whole directionlessness of the game got to me and i stopped. And havent even tried it after that. Guild wars is a good mmo, the only one i have liked (so far, we´ll see how TOR will do ), and if you prefer runescape over it you either 1) havent played gw 2) found it too hard 3)have a terribly low amount of living brain cells, and if that is the case i would suggest going to see a doctor.

Next time you people pass judgement on a game, play it for atleast an hour or two.

Sorry to make that entire post moot, but I have played. I had a level 40 something with fairly high fishing and a level 30 something with high wood cutting. Because when I was 13 I thought that anything that was free and addicting that allowed my friends to play with me was the best thing in the world. And then I discovered video games that actually have story lines and legit gameplay. So yes, I have played through a lot of the quests. Theyre not at all connected and usually just involve farming some monster or crafting material for a few hours.

Did you know that WoW has a combat system that is more than pointing, clicking and waiting?

Yeah, I played it, but I still like RS better

I never noticed a plot in RuneScape

Then you obviously did only the free quests. Try the members quests, then say there's no plot

If he does that's pretty funny

Not really, he has played games for 20 years, and he says Runescape far surpasses mmos like WoW. He has taste

and what the hell is with taking turns to attack?? your saying to some dragon dude, OOO i just hit you for 12, NICE !! Your turn!

Thats not how it goes. People don't take turns, they race to get enemies, but fighting is not all in RS. A lot of different skills are in RS. In runescape its competition, and thats what gets players playing.

Their way of adding new graphics sucks....

Not really, if you played high def, you would see a significant difference from the old RS

runescape... its total waste of time

:parrot: everyone else has said the same thing. But it does not mean it is a waste of time.

the whole directionlessness of the game got to me and i stopped

How is it directionless? Its an RPG game. If you had not noticed, there are sides in the game. Actually play it instead of zooming through it. Runescape takes patience, something a lot of people lack

So yes, I have played through a lot of the quests. Theyre not at all connected and usually just involve farming some monster or crafting material for a few hours.

If you say that, then you must have only played like two quests. Most quests require different skills. As I said to Drunkside, you need patience.

1. Then you obviously did only the free quests. Try the members quests, then say there's no plot

2. Not really, he has played games for 20 years, and he says Runescape far surpasses mmos like WoW. He has taste

3. Thats not how it goes. People don't take turns, they race to get enemies,

1. I have done members quests, and there was still no plot.

2. Really? That's sad, and he has no taste whatsoever.

3. We aren't talking about "racing to get enemies" we are talking about the actual combat.

1. I have done members quests, and there was still no plot
really? have you done the high lvl quests and long ones?

2. Really? That's sad, and he has no taste whatsoever.

Says you, he has taste for games w/ plot and originality, not games that are all graphics. He can probably name many more games he played than you. If all you like is pure spec effects, then that's sad

3. We aren't talking about "racing to get enemies" we are talking about the actual combat.

mm-hm, Runescape has that for a reason. Drops. If people just attacked the same enemies, and no competiton, who would get the drop of cash or items? Because it would just be disapointing for that. If you like attacking other people's targets, just go to duel zones.

ahahahahahahhaha, you paid for stuff on runescape?! like, with real money? ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

So, what's the big deal? It's my decision, not yours. I like Runescape, and you can't change my decision :xp:

Says you, he has taste for games w/ plot and originality, not games that are all graphics. He can probably name many more games he played than you. If all you like is pure spec effects and no originality or plot, then that's sad

You couldn't see a game with a good plot if it came up to you and slapped you in the face.

So, what's the big deal? It's my decision, not yours. I like Runescape, and you can't change my decision :xp:

Wait. You paid for it?

1155341618648.jpg

Archived