Home

Game crashing after intro

shinebox

Anyone else having a problem where the game crashes after the "A Long time ago" text finishes scrolling and it kills the game back to windows. When you try and reload the game again none of the menu loads "load game, new game, etc". The force unleashed title is there on the screen but the menu is replaced by 4 or 5 small blinking boxes like it's trying to load saved games (which might be corrupted after the crash?) and you have to force kill the process. Waiting half hour for it to try and load the menu didn't help either.

Reinstalling the game results in the same thing. The 1.1 patch didn't seem to change the outcome.

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I have an XP SP3. I forget the chip but it meets the min reqs at to what's on the back of the box. And the Card was a Nvidia. Not sure the specs since I'm at work but it was good enough to play everything from Bioware. I heard there's some intense physics on this game, but my box should be good enough.

• 2 weeks later...

From my experience when it comes to BINK movies being played during PC games, it will depend on your video card. It will help if you open the game's .ini file and change the resolution of the playback videos to be the same it is when you play the game. That should solve your problem.

• 3 weeks later...
From my experience when it comes to BINK movies being played during PC games, it will depend on your video card. It will help if you open the game's .ini file and change the resolution of the playback videos to be the same it is when you play the game. That should solve your problem.

How, specifically, do you do this?

I don't have the PC version so I can't say for sure but with most PC games, there is a .ini file located in the game's main directory under program files, I would just open up this file with a text editor and look through it for any values that fit the format of a resolution (1024x768, or maybe it would be more like height=768 width=1024 I'm not sure). Maybe Shem can shed some more light on it. Hope this helps.

I searched through all of the files in the game and cannot find any .ini files and have checked for resolution entries beyond what is given at startup. Is there a solution to this beyond making a manual edit to data that I have no familiarity to?

I searched through all of the files in the game and cannot find any .ini files and have checked for resolution entries beyond what is given at startup. Is there a solution to this beyond making a manual edit to data that I have no familiarity to?
Have you gone through this checklist to see if any of those steps can solve your problem?

I got the crash problem solved with some help from the customer support. The following directions helped me.

Click on Start --> Run and typing %temp%. When the window opens, delete all of the files within that directory. Open "My Documents" and delete the folder there. Open the program file folder to delete anything left behind by the uninstall. Restart your computer, then reinstall the game. When patching the game, be sure to only patch 1.2, not both 1.2 and 1.1.

Thank you for the help.

I got the crash problem solved with some help from the customer support. The following directions helped me.

Click on Start --> Run and typing %temp%. When the window opens, delete all of the files within that directory. Open "My Documents" and delete the folder there. Open the program file folder to delete anything left behind by the uninstall. Restart your computer, then reinstall the game. When patching the game, be sure to only patch 1.2, not both 1.2 and 1.1.

Thank you for the help.

Glad to hear you got it working.

• 7 months later...

Hi Everybody!

Hope this helps some of you. My son got this game on his birthday, his computer almost reaches the min reqs, but he has no dual core cpu, and got this error on new game (also he had no campaign selection menu).

So I installed it on my comp, where the video card is a nv7600gs, so doesn't meet the specs, but it started (very slow), so I created 4 save games, 1 for each campaign on my computer and then copied it to his computer, now he can load these and works well on his single core system.

So here is the savefile:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2107048/SWTFU.BIN

Best regards,

Lorinc

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the help.

Damn it... It was hard enough to find the damn patches and now find out to only use 1.2 -is that right? Do not use 1.1, but only 1.2??

Archived