Home

So how do you go through the games?

Tobias Reiper

Seeing as they give us free choice of where to go in the galaxy (sort of), I was wondering how you go through the games?

Do you choose the recommended path of Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, and Korriban, or Dantooine, Nar Shaddaa, Dxun, Onderon, Korriban, etc.

Or do you choose your own path?

If you choose your own, what is it?

Have you read the Kotor 1 and 2 Stategy Guide? All of it is in there. Or you could find it on Wookiepedia

K1: Tatooine, Kashyyk, Manaan, Korriban.

It is also canon that Calo Nord encountered Revan on Tatooine, so that is 1st, and Darth Bandon encountered Revan on Manaan. Jolee was supposed to join before the Leviathan Incident.

K2: Nar Shadda, Onderon, Dantooine, Onderon, Korriban/M4-78(cut)

Some of Goto and Mira's dialogue was on Dxun and Onderon, so probably Nar Shadda came first.

There is not a lot of information left on it, but that is the correct canon order of planets. Hope this helps ;)

Normally I take my own path because I like going to Tatooine first (or Manaan) for the lightsabers and the tranquil music and atmosphere of Ahto City.

But my recent playthroughs of both games I have been more or less going by the book.

On each playthrough of I, I always make a point to plunder the crystal cave and kill the Mandalorians so I can get my second lightsaber before facing Juhani.

I also tend to change up my class & alignment each time but I've been a consular/master these recent play throughs. I might try being a Guardian/Sith Lord just to spice things up :)

• 1 month later...

KOTOR 1:

When I'm on Dantooine, I've usually chatted Mission up enough to trigger Lena's appearance. Sometimes, I've even been able to trigger Bastila's messenger, too. So, I've got the kid looking for her brother and Bastila needing to get some closure. Since I have to go to Tatooine anyway, might as well make that the first map...

Hey, wait....what's this with Davik's map? Might as well check out that port of call. What would a crime lord be doing in a system Exar Kun was holed up in 40 years ago?

So, head to Yavin. Zaalbar's worried about the food. I've got a stowaway, and while Suvam is nice enough, I can't dump the kid here. OK, quick trip back to Dantooine to drop off the youngling and replenish the food supplies. Happy kid, happy Wookiee. Time to head to Tatooine.

So, go through there, solve the Shan family dispute while I'm at it. Griff's an idiot, but I am headed to Kashyyyk, and I do owe his sister big time. Might as well. So, head there, recruit the crabby old man, solve the Wookiee's family issues, get the Map, and leave.

Last two planets - one is neutral, the other is Sith Central. Ugh. Might as well stock up on medicine before heading to the aforementioned Sith Central. We'll need it. Act as defense lawyer for Jolee's war buddy, pry out Carth's dialogue tree, trigger Juhani's, Carth's and Canderous's sidequests (man, this place is a crossroads of the known galaxy!), and off we go!

Well, if we're headed for Sith Central, might as well go armed for bear. Let's check in with Suvam...

Crap! Leviathan! Y'know, Carth, if you want to blast me into atoms, I won't stop you...but we do have to rescue your kid. (And my apologies - that guy must have been hell to work for, even when he was on the Republic's side...)

In my head canon, the ship took a beating in the escape, necessitating limping to Yavin for repairs. Oh, the Trandoshans want to get cute? Chase them off, and stock up. I also have the Yavin 4 mod, and am buff enough to take advantage.

Now, head to Korriban. Take the Rodian's offer, and head back to Tattooine to drop off the box and finish Mission's and Canderous's quests. Since I have Brotherhood of Shadow, I also trigger it here and go through the first half.

I head back to Korriban. In a "straight" game, I take Carth and T3 (swapping briefly to Juhani for Dak Vessar's sake). In my "modded to hell" edition, I'm taking Shadow and Carth. Play through there, including the BoS parts.

Finish off any loose ends, make one last trip to Yavin, dispatch the Trandoshans, load up on Suvam's gear, and head to Lehon...

After squeezing everything possible out of Taris one way or another, I try to have already gained enough "influence" (dialogue progression actually, since it isn't a dynamic like in TSL) with as many characters as I can. I usually back off on Carth by Dantooine 'cos he's a whiny biatch.

Juhani depends on how sadistic I am feeling ATM I first encounter her.

Then the level select... usually Tatooine first b/c you can get $$$ quicker that way and more items with little consequence elsewhere in the game. Usually Here I try to get more out of my team. Korriban takes some preperation. Maybe start Yavin 4 visits and get sidequests out of the way. Kashykk is usually a second or sometimes a third stop.

I try to save Manaan for last b/c the prices of medpacks juts up after you complete it.

After the leviathan I usually finish up any business head to Yavin 4 again, and one last time AFTER Lehon/unknown planet has been revealed. After I get whatever superior equipment I'm content with I start down the end path to Lehon and that's all she wrote.

Heh. I take it your default is DSM, whereas mine is LSF?

KOTOR 2? Since there aren't any party sidequests...

1. Dantooine first. Might as well head back to the old homestead and get Vrook out of the way. Those mercs couldn't organize a tea party, so I'll back what passes for local government. Kid in the library? Too bad I'm playing male. My Exile would like to break him...

Kill you, Vrook? Why do that? You're surrounded by people who hate you and adore me. My lightsaber through your chest would be mercy...and I'm not merciful.

2. Dxun/Onderon 1 - While we're out in the middle of nowhere...OK, as a player, I'm glad to see you, Canderous. My, but what a marvelous badass you've become. As the character? You're a tin plated waste of space that should have died at Malachor with the rest of your kind. (Since his influence tree is bugged, the feeling's probably mutual)

3. Nar Shadaa - Well, I need a vacation after all that crap. Hey, Atton. Show me around your favorite cesspit while I work on polarizing the rest of the the crew. Pick up the wacky Wookiee (player says: "God, I miss Zaalbar!"), screw over the local crime lords, and met Zez.

"Zez, you're already a broken coward in the galaxy's toilet. You know it, I know it. Why should I end your existence? I'll sentence you as you sentenced me - exile."

Korriban - Was bad then, is worse now. Too bad Vash is dead. I was looking forward to seeing if she had any fight left. I'm on the greased slide to hell by now - Kressh's tomb seals it.

Back to Onderon for the last brawl. Vaklu cut me a better deal, and you can't hold your throne without your pet Jedi, Talia. Real shame I have to skewer you, Kavar, but that's the way it goes.

So, head to Dantooine after that to watch the plot derail.

I usually mix it up a bit. If I am playing for kicks I usually hit up Manaan, Kashyyk, and then either tatooine or Korriban. I usually chose those depending on what I feel floats me boat.

If I am testing a mod however I take the worlds that give the best items to test a mod. depending on the mod type.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually take this way:

Kashyyk, Tatooine, Korriban, Manaan.

Sometimes first Manaan than Korriban. Or first Kashyyk than Tatooine.

Well I didn´t try too take Jolee after the Leviathan!

I´m just playing it the 49. time!! :cool:

And KOTOR 2. Well just the second time. :D I first was on Dxun and Onderon. And then Korriban and Dantooine. I must have too see how this two planets are after the first game!

Now I don´t know yet.

@Roller123

That´s no problem. If Dantooine is destroyed the Genoharaadan says that Dantoine is done. ;)

Now I´ll try that what happens if he knows I´m Revan. I`m playing the dark side now.

On KOTOR 2 I play dark side now, too

Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban. Male Revan, alignment was whatever I felt like at the time. If I didn't kill Juhani on Dantooine' I'd ignore her or use a mod that replaced her. I also remember accidentally killing Dustil in one playthrough and finding Carth's detached, suppressed, brain-dead reaction hilarious. On my very last playthrough I used the latest release of the Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Steak mod, and while the story was surprisingly good, I had considerable difficulty actually enjoying the gameplay. Seeing that guy suddenly get stabbed and Solomon appearing behind him immediately after was boss, though.

Male Exile, alignment usually light side because dark-sidedness in this series almost ubiquitously just means beating up muggles and taking their lunch money at every opportunity for no reason. Not what I think of when I imagine a Sith Lord (or even a Sith patsy) in operation. Nar Shaddaa was the planet that had to come first, and I had to have Atton turned into a Jedi at an exact specific place and time, else I'd have to reload and get it right again. Then came Dxun, and a bunch of tedious hacking through beasts and jungles on scavenger hunts for the Mandalorian camp, usually going through every single prestige-gaining quest on the whole planet. On Onderon, I'd wish that somebody else could get Mandalore's buddy's stupid ass out of prison (how does a Doctor who by Mandalore own admission is the butt of every joke on Onderon get connections to the Royal ****ing Palace in the first place?). Korriban came next, because we were far enough down the road of the journey, and one does not simply walk into Korriban at the beginning of the game, goodness no.:rolleyes: Next, obviously, came Dantooine. Every three playthroughs (approximately) I'd kill Atris or have half-dark side alignment through the game instead of regular light side, and every other playthrough I'd kill Visas on the Ravager. I also remember being annoyed at missing Tobin entirely until after Nihilus is dead. Then Carth rears his hideous wangsting head again, and after I'm done retching, it's off to Malachor, where the game abruptly and rudely ends after an uninteresting cutscene, much like the first one. I guess the Exile had more in common with Revan than the old woman thought.

I'm glad I don't play these games anymore.

In Kotor 1: I go to Tatooine first for the krayt dragon pearl which is a great upgrade for your lightsabers. Then Kashyyk for Jolee and it is the easiest in my opinion. After that I go to Korriban because it is my favorite planet, Finally I go to Manaan, but sometimes I switch between Manaan and Korriban.

In Kotor 2: Nar Shadaa because its fun, Dxun/Onderon because its sets up the Onderonian Civil War later in the game, then I choose between either Korriban or Dantooine.

Its always fun to try different combinations. But in Kotor I i have developed a few golden routes; usually i go to Korriban as the last planet, and i try to avoid getting into trouble with Calo or Bandon on Kashyyk, so i prefer to visit Kashyyk as the second planet.

In Kotor II i often go to Nar Shaada first. Then i go Onderon/Dxun, and so Dantooine, then back to Onderon/Dxun. Last i usually go Korriban.

I also like to revisit planets every now and then. Its a real joy to go back to Dantooine in Kotor I when you have attained more experience and power, then you can just erase the Mandalorian presence there without even using a weapon(other than the force of course..)

• 2 weeks later...
So, head to Yavin. Zaalbar's worried about the food. I've got a stowaway, and while Suvam is nice enough, I can't dump the kid here.

That doesn´t work. I can´t talk to Suvam about the kid.

I also like to revisit planets every now and then. Its a real joy to go back to Dantooine in Kotor I when you have attained more experience and power, then you can just erase the Mandalorian presence there without even using a weapon(other than the force of course..)

Dito.

Second: That sounds interesting. When do you go back to Dantooine in KOTOR 1. And how can I erase them without weapons?

Dito.

Second: That sounds interesting. When do you go back to Dantooine in KOTOR 1. And how can I erase them without weapons?

Well.. I go back to Dantooine after i have discovered three of the total five Star Maps. Because this is the last time you will be able to re-visit the planet on your journey.

If my character of choice is Jedi Consular I simpley use the force to destroy them. I combine powers like force storm, force lightning and Kill/Choke, it is really effective when you are a darkside consular. Add the use of Jedi support powers accessible to the character to further increase his power; I assure that you will be quite unstoppable. Sometimes i have to take a break though, to recharge the force meter.

Archived