Home

Baby on the Way

Shem

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to you and your wife Shem! Believe me, it is a lot of fun being a parent!

Very true. My wife just gave birth to our daughter 3 weeks ago, she was due on April 28. My wife was at 29 weeks and 6 days at time of birth. But here is hoping that your first one will be a full term baby and as healthy as can be!

Congrats on your baby's birth! I hope she's doing OK. That's pretty early, but with all the neonatal advances and your daughter being almost 30 weeks when she was born, I'm betting things will work out, even if it's a challenging situation right now.

So the gals down under start earlier huh?

No boys better even LOOK my daughter's way until she's at least 15, or they'll find out just what kind of eye doctor skillz I really have. :devsmoke:

Congrats on your baby's birth! I hope she's doing OK. That's pretty early, but with all the neonatal advances and your daughter being almost 30 weeks when she was born, I'm betting things will work out, even if it's a challenging situation right now.

Thank you! She's doing great, they just moved her to an open crib! What's been more challenging is that our oldest son got strep throat preventing us from going to see our daughter. But like every one tells us, best he get it now than after the baby comes home!

Ok back on subject...just PM if any one wants to find out more.

Sorry Shem didn't mean to try to steal the spot light!

No boys better even LOOK my daughter's way until she's at least 15, or they'll find out just what kind of eye doctor skillz I really have. :devsmoke:

Just remember, when dealing with people making advances on your children, be careful to leave no visible scarring. May I suggest a simple eye appointment resulting in the guy in question unexpectedly needing nothing but the thickest, most unattractive, coke-bottle glasses available on the market due to a "serious condition, that while currently unnoticeable, will deteriorate into blindness" until such glasses are procured (I'm sure you can do better than me with the explanation though, since you're an actual eye doctor)? Malpractice? :confused:Never heard of it.:confused:

• 1 month later...

Congratulations on it being a girl, Shem.

You're not going to Oedipus Rex him are you?

Or else she might have a SSY1 laser pistol by her side...That some fellow LF forumite jimmied up b/c he's a laser hobbyist looking for a field test agent. :dev8:

Here's an updated picture of my wife and her expanded belly at 6 months! :D

6months800x6003.jpg

Wife is looking good Shem. Does not seem to be any stress being shown in her face. When my mom was pregnant with my brother she seemed to gain 10 years worth of wrinkles from all of the stress.

Archived