Home

LEGOS!

What is everybody's favorite Lego theme?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is everybody's favorite Lego theme?

• Plain Legos
    • Everything!
    • Lego Creator/Racer
    • Lego City/Town
    • Lego Castle/Knights Kingdom
    • Lego Pirates/Soldiers
    • Power Miners/Rock raiders
    • Atlantis/Aqua Raiders
    • Adventures/Indiana Jones
    • Agents/Exo Force/Alpha team
    • Lego Harry Potter
    • Lego Bionicle
    • Lego Duplo (LOL)
    • Lego Star Wars/Space themes

i voted Bionicle: The best and most successful lego theme ever. o_Q

it was oldskool; tahu and the gang.

grew out of it round 04. i had a look at it some months ago, and whats this? actual killing? wars? the universe seems to have gotten a lot darker. :wonder:

I loved that solitary island feel of mnog1 and 2. i must try finish mnog2 one of these days, if my sanity can survive the glitches.

i voted Bionicle: The best and most successful lego theme ever.

I didn't know it had been discontinued, as Avery claims, but I think the 'most successful' Lego theme is actually Lego City, which has been running continuously since 1978, without breaks.

I strongly believe that the legos from the '80s and '90s (the ones that were on their way out when I got into them) were the best. Rock Raiders > Power Miners. Life on Mars > Mars Mission. Old Pirates > New Pirates. Castle > Knights Kingdom. When talking about sets, Orient Expeditions was better than Indiana Jones. Alpha Team >>>> Agents. Mata/Metru Nui >>> Voya, ect. I voted Star Wars because they have always been good. City has always been good, but just isn't my thing. The old Lego Island (with the Pepperoni skater dude) was great too.

Now time to rant about the 2 (of the 3) greatest set series ever: Bionicle and Alpha Team.

Bionicle: At first, it was great. They served a purpose in the universe, and there was a cloud of mystery around everything. And their powers came with the masks. Not the other way around. AAAND the storyline didn't change to another island after a year. Then Metru Nui came, and that shroud of mystery stayed there. But they introduced the Kanohi launcher, and IMO, Bionicles do not need projectile weapons, their powers are greater than that. The storyline was shorter, but still good. THEEEN, Zamor Launchers with Voya Nui. And the old characters left to not be heard about, and the storyline was very short. Then they went underwater and got these strange technology that doesn't belong. The storyline was short, and from what I can tell....after Voya Nui the Bionicle declined from entertaining even those in high school to only those under 3rd grade.

Alpha Team: These guys were declining, but their Ice mission series was great. The vehicles could change form, and the online game that went with it was one of the best (along with MNOG1, MNOG2, and VNOG).

Overall, the Legos are declining, IMO. Kids don't want to build anymore, they just want to play. The best part of Legos was building it once, and then building it from memory, and then mixing with the other set you just got for Christmas and making a beastly bug-walker transport to complement your array of vehicles you and your friends used for mock wars along with Rockenbock* sets.

So....Thats my (more than 2) cents.

So now I only use the Lego Digital Designer 2010 edition, even though its still missing all but one of the good cockpits (if you haven't gathered I only make warfare machines and Bionicle supercreatures). But I had to put all of my Legos in the closet to make room for my music stuff. LDD for me now!

*Rockenbock, another of the best children's toys ever, conviently compadable with Lego systems!

My favorites:

#1 LEGO Harry Potter

#2 LEGO Star Wars (Specifically Clone Wars)

#3 LEGO Indiana Jones

#4 LEGO Prince of Persia (Not yet released, just it looks awesome!)

#5 LEGO Power Miners

My favorite set would have to be... That's tough..

Star Wars: Pirate Tank

Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom

Harry Potter: There's no way I can pick a favorite! But all of the Hogwarts Castle mixed is stunning!

Prince of Persia: The Fight for the Dagger

LEGO Power Miners: The Crystal King

JM

These are my top ten

10: Lego Agents

9: Lego Bionicle

8: Lego City

7: Lego Indiana Jones

6: Lego Castle

5: Lego Power Miners

4: Lego Wild West

3: Lego Adventures

2: Lego Star Wars

1: Lego Pirates

My Favorite sets

Agents:bad guys=Doc. Inferno's Robot/good guys=agent mobile base

Bionicle: Makuta Leader

City: Town Plan

Indiana Jones: Aquator Temple

Castle: Village Square

Power Miners: Titanium command rig

Wild West: Platoon Saloon

Adventures: Dino Island Volcano Temple

Star Wars: Cross Section Death Star playset

Pirates: Good Guys=Eldorado Fortress or Imperial Trading post or 2010 Imperial Flagship/Bad Guys=Black Seas Barracuda or Skull's Eye Schooner or 2009 Pirate Hideout

Favourite Lego set? Probably one of the Western ones - or a small City police car. I loved that thing.

Although, now i'm an adult with an interest in history, I wish Lego had done things like these:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5858

picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5859

picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=5860

Not mine, by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

I still use Lego. I don't buy it any more, mainly since my collection is already massive (I took a twin bed frame, put a board on it instead of a matress, and used it to store part of my lego collection, on top and under are full, and there are many boxes full of lego scattered about.), but also since the themes they have now are less interesting to me than the 80's-90's themes. However, I did get some of the more recent (read: in this decade) Star Wars and castle sets.

Still haven't made anything quite as grand as Mark Sandlin's flagship though... http://fleebnork.com/?m=asmodeus&n=5

Archived