Home

Mass Effect playing styles

Totenkopf

Yeah that irritated me too...I was tempted to shoot him...but as I play paragon almost exclusively I talked him down instead.

Yeah, I killed him at least once for being so presumptuous. But I generally let him live b/c he's normally a badass and had useful skills.

FINISHED!

Wow, what a great ride. Saved the galaxy and got laid. That's how I roll.

Truly a fun game, and now one of my faves. There were some really cool moments, like fighting down the outside of the Citadel and blasting Geth and having them float by. Eat it suckas!

During the last few stages the story really shines and asks you to make some hard choices that have real consequences, and it wasn't always obvious what the outcome would be. Most of the characters were interesting and reasonably diverse. I didn't get as annoyed with some of them as it seems others did. Their skills were diverse enough that I ended using all the characters to a reasonable degree. Especially Tali. That's right, ChAiNz. I've been hanging out with your girlfriend. I really liked the peripheral characters like Joker and the doctor that filled out the Normandy crew.

But I think the game does suffer from the KOTOR/TSL problem of having the NPCs not really worth talking to after you complete their quest. That bugged me, especially in TSL, where you train them to be Jedi and then there are no conversations after that. In ME, I would have liked at least a new relevant comment after each main mission. Like "hey, sorry so-and-so got nuked." And please, lets get rid of the fake dialog options.

The side quest missions and locations also got pretty repetitive after a while. I didn't mind driving around in the Mako so much (loved the rail gun with super zoom!), but you were always going to the same kinds of locations with the same kinds of tasks. I guess this is what an MMO is like? I'd have gladly given up some of those for another full fledged main plot planet. Plus I didn't really get the point of all those medallion gathering kinds of quests...

But those are just nitpicks. They did a great job building a new universe to play in, and the codex was excellent at filling me in on how it works as I went along. I'm really looking forward to trying ME2 soon to continue the story of my Shepard!

Oh, and does anyone know where to get high end Onyx armour on a second playthrough? I love the look of that thing. Most of the other ones are just awful.

Maybe I missed the merchant that might have sold it, but you are probably just as likely to get it from random loot as anything (otherwise "cheat it in"). Almost done w/the second one and it's better than the first for the most part. I think most of us were happy they dropped the busy work w/the MAKO, though probing planets got tedious in its own right.

FINISHED!

Wow, what a great ride. Saved the galaxy and got laid. That's how I roll.

Truly a fun game, and now one of my faves. There were some really cool moments, like fighting down the outside of the Citadel and blasting Geth and having them float by. Eat it suckas!

I loved that too. There is something very mecha-anime about their design too ;) I have to admit, having played ME2 - whilst its ending is equally as epic, parts of it feel restricted because of elements in the game forcing you and your crew to stay together in tight spots. It may have been a novelty thing but that citadel level is ME1 is just a jaw dropping moment in video gaming history IMO.

I'm really looking forward to trying ME2 soon to continue the story of my Shepard!

You're gonna love it Primeski. So much depth in the story and your team compared to ME1. You really get a sense of how your decisions are going to reverberate through not only ME2 but the sequel. Once you get used to the little changes in the inventory etc, its very much "same but better-er"

Unless you're the finicky type, I'd ignore all the guides for a perfect outcome and just let it roll, using your gut to make it *your* story. The one bit of advice that is worth heeding for all is to get all your upgrades, especially for your ship. I also think the collector beam weapon doesn't get enough glory - its like having a death star superlaser in your hand.. almost ;)

Happy Hunting ;)

mtfbwya

Personally i prefered Onyx or Gladiator armors myself. The Survivor armors looked ugly to me so i sold them as soon as i could.

I haven't played ME2 yet, but one thing that would've been cool would've been to find Kaidan as a Geth PoW.

Weren't the weapons changed slightly from ME1 to ME2?

Is it possible to import the inventory along with my PC?

Mass Effect 2 does not have an inventory.

Each class (including your crew) has a predetermined weapons loadout. You can switch back and forth as new weapons in that class become available.

How do you earn money in ME2 then if you can't collect gear to sell?

You get credits for completing mission objectives and quests, from hacking into computers, safes, datapads and such.

Overall credits is a more scarce commodity in ME2 since you can get less of it and there is more stuff available that is worth buying (upgrades for the Normandy, for Shepard and for your squad's weapons and armor). You don't manually install weapons/armor upgrades in ME2, they get automatically applied to all weapons when you've researched or bought them.

Personally I prefer it the way Mass Effect 2 handles it since the inventory management is the first game was really tedious and the clunky interface made it into a pain. :)

Personally I prefer it the way Mass Effect 2 handles it since the inventory management is the first game was really tedious and the clunky interface made it into a pain. :)

:nod: couldn't agree more. Inventory should not be a chore, much less make me groan out loud every time I had to access it. :¬:

And this is coming from a guy who loves Morrowind & Oblivion :xp:

As far as credits.. the hacking and bypass mini-games are at least tolerable. Not even close to the horrendous QT event in ME1. I'm on xbox, so no mods.. and I still wound up having enough creds to buy the stuff I wanted. You just have to be judicious and buy what you need first, then the frilly-froo-froo stuff later (cabin decor).

Archived