Home

Telltale Games and Full Throttle

Alek123

We all remember the poll on the Telltale games website. If you don't , it asked visitors what Lucasarts game should Telltale revive. Of course , number one was Grim Fandango. Full Throttle was somewhere on the third place. I don't remember.

Anyway. How does a Telltale-ised Full Throttle sound to you?

For me it sounds like ****... :¬:

i am not sure...telltale's only problem is "graphics"

and i wonder how the controls will be....pint and click or keyboard...or both.

but i think if telltale revive ful throttle..better than lucasarts reviving it.

because lucasarts have lost their epic member. tim shacfer,bill tiller,ron gilbert. so if lucasarts picked it up. they will cancel it again. because they doesnt know how to make adventure anymore.

You guys are too pessimistic. Double Fine can buy the rights to make a sequel. Everyone wants that including Tim Schafer. Telltale games bought the rights to make Tales Of Monkey Island , so why won't Double Fine do the same thing?

A sequel is always possible , and may come by surprise. I'm telling you , Tim Schafer won't die until he will make a sequel.

Yeah, a sequel is possible, but it´s unlikely.

Maybe when they hear about our Fangame-project they are like "What the hell? I can make a better game!" and start making the sequel to FT.

Seriously, they can try to make a new sequel, when they don´t have good game ideas anymore. (I´m not saying that FT sequel isn´t a good idea)

"Tales of Monkey Island was developed by Telltale Games, under license from LucasArts." - Wikipedia

http://www.telltalegames.com/monkeyisland/faq

"Does Lucasarts know what you're doing? Answer : Of course they do! (Monkey Island is a LucasArts property, after all.) We licensed the Monkey Island rights from LucasArts, the same way we've licensed other franchises from their owners—like Sam & Max from Steve Purcell, Strong Bad from the Brothers Chaps, and Wallace & Gromit from Aardman—and now we're working closely with them to bring you this new chapter in Guybrush's adventures." - Tales Of Monkey Island FAQ

It is quite clear Telltale licensed Tales Of Monkey island , but it is not known if they "bought" the license. Either way , they made a sequel for the MI series , so why say a FT sequel wouldn't be possible?

I cannot ask Tim Schafer why he doesn't buy the FT license, but it is his game , and he made it quite clear that it is his favourite work of all time.

@Origo : Full Throttle has a huge potential as a saga , and Tim Schafer is the only one that can come up with ideas to continue his work. Nobody will be able to do it better than him. Maybe we will remind him and Lucasarts of FT with our fangame. Let's just make it happen.

Archived