Home

Comic Book Help

Gurges-Ahter

I've just finished Tales of the Jedi, and am nearly caught up with KotOR. I am looking at what comic series to tackle next.

My natural inclination is to follow the timeline, but I really am anxious to read the Legacy series instead. Does the timeline matter at all when reading the Legacy comics? I'm sure there's some references to the past in there, but would I be able to pick up Legacy now without having read everything between KotOR and Legacy?

From what I know Legacy takes place around 130 years after A New Hope, and 100 years after any other comic book in the Dark Horse lineup. That leads me to believe I'm safe since it will be a new era and story development. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks in advance for any help!

From what I know Legacy takes place around 130 years after A New Hope, and 100 years after any other comic book in the Dark Horse lineup. That leads me to believe I'm safe since it will be a new era and story development. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yes, that's a safe assumption - you really don't need to have read any other comics prior to reading Legacy - it sets up everything you need to know on its own.

Plus, it's a great series - I love it, and I know a few other around here do too.

Thanks Astor - that's pretty much what I assumed. I've heard great things about Legacy and I'm very eager to sink my teeth into it. I just recently started reading comic books (always been more of a novel guy) and I'm loving it so far. Tales of the Jedi was great.

As an additional plus, my first son's name is Kade (he's 5), and he always looks to me as an unending source for Star Wars knowledge. I'm letting him down though because I don't know much about Cade Skywalker since I haven't read Legacy yet.

Archived