Home

Any interest in LucasForums Gaming Nights?

swphreak

Do you have Steam installed?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Steam installed?

• Yes.
    • No, but I'll get it eventually.
    • No, and I'll never install Steam.

I'm working on starting weekly LF gaming nights. Would you guys be interested in joining in? I figured we'd naturally play some LucasArts games, but not exclusively.

Right now, the biggest hurdle in setting this up is picking a day and time.

Here's a poll I made. If you'd do it really quick (it's only 5 questions), it'll help me get an idea of what we can do time-wise. Personally, I'd prefer something Thursday to Saturday in the evening to late night (eastern time zone).

I have a home server I can run dedicated servers on. Right now I have Battlefront 1 & 2, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead dedicated servers installed. I can always add more.

Also, we don't have to stick with PC games. We can play 360, PS3, or even Wii multiplayer games (if people have them). Jae Onasi has expressed interest in a Rock Band 2 event.

I plan on using the LF Community Steam Group to organize this. It has announcement and calendar events features. Plus, it has a chat room.

• 6 months later...

I might play if I could find the time. About 10 years ago we had a bunch of us from the XWA/RS forums would play XWA every Friday. I just hosted a game and we had a blast.

My kid just bought BF II and has played it a little but I am a huge HL/CS fan. :)

• 3 months later...
Sadly, LF Gaming Nights stalled on take-off... just couldn't get enough people together at a single time that worked for everyone.

You can still join the LF steam group and see what other people are playing.

The first post said that it wouldn't be only Battefront II. Also, please don't resurrect old topics.

Archived