LF Game Nights - Fri-Sat. 7PM (Eastern)

swphreak

Do you have Steam Installed?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Steam Installed?

• Yes.
    • No, but I'll get it eventually.
    • No, and I'll never install Steam.

Ok, so looks like Team Fortress 2 is going to be the *it* game. If there enough people, they can branch out and stuff.

Like, I know of a group that has Battlefront 1/2. It's just a matter of a certain British person getting off his butt and reinstalling Windows or some BS.

So, how about every weekend (fri-sun) at 7PM (eastern, sorry suck at time zones), people gather at the steam group chat and either play TF2, or if they want/can, branch out to different games.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
First gaming night was saturday at 6PM eastern.

We're going to play Battlefront 2, or at least start with that. After we get tired of it, we can switch to another game. I know my TF2 server works, and assuming the other source servers installed will work as well (HL2DM or L4D).

We played L4D and TF2. Was pretty fun.

I picked an earlier time so people ahead on the time zone charts can still join in at a reasonable time. Those in the US can join in later if they can't make it at 6pm.

I'm working on starting weekly LF gaming nights. Would you guys be interested in joining in? I figured we'd naturally play some LucasArts games, but not exclusively.

Right now, the biggest hurdle in setting this up is picking a day and time.

Here's a poll I made. If you'd do it really quick (it's only 5 questions), it'll help me get an idea of what we can do time-wise. Personally, I'd prefer something Thursday to Saturday in the evening to late night (eastern time zone).

I have a home server I can run dedicated servers on. Right now I have Battlefront 1 & 2, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, Team Fortress 2, and Left 4 Dead dedicated servers installed. I can always add more.

Also, we don't have to stick with PC games. We can play 360, PS3, or even Wii multiplayer games (if people have them). Jae Onasi has expressed interest in a Rock Band 2 event.

I plan on using the LF Community Steam Group to organize this. It has announcement and calendar events features. Plus, it has a chat room.

Please feel free to post thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc.

Edit:

It looks like Friday / Saturday in the evening is the preferred time slots. The biggest hurdle is still the time zone difference.

How about our first scheduled event be Jedi Acedemy or Battlefront 2 next Saturday at 8pm Eastern. Sound good? I could make it a little earlier so it's not past midnight for those in the UK area.

Remember folks, you don't need me to tell you what to do. I'm doing this to get people interested, and to get an active online multiplayer community going. If you can get enough people together for an impromptu game session, go for it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, you play a single player game on your own, but instead of enjoying yourself, you imagine how much fun other people are having playing the exact same game you are at the exact same time.
co-mutual fapping?

Anyway, I'd be down to vidya.

DnD!

DnD!

DnD!

DnD!

Demon Arches.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd love to finish that campaign. And with a certain person *cough*Emperor Devon*cough* not spending 45 minutes arguing over the architecture of featureless demon arches, we'd probably actually get somewhere. :lol:

I'm up for DMing a 3.5e adventure again (since that's what I have all the resources for) and maybe finishing up Shattered Gates.

Can games outside of steam talk to steam? I.e. I have a regular copy of Jedi Academy. Can I playin MP with someone who is playing through steam?

I dunno. Is JA on Steam?

I'm just installing my disc copy and using the "Add non-steam game to steam" feature. As far as I know, it doesn't do anything but let you use the Steam Community overlay thing in nonsteam games.

JA will work well - its multiplayer wasn't tied in to Steam, so it functions independently of Steam. Steam community chat however, will only be restricted to users running the game under Steam like SWPhreak. In-game chat will of course, be available to all.

@Hypnotiq: Still have my copy of UT2004 ready, but I don't think there's anyone around to play with, not many UT-players round these parts. :(

I'd love to finish that campaign. And with a certain person *cough*Emperor Devon*cough* not spending 45 minutes arguing over the architecture of featureless demon arches, we'd probably actually get somewhere. :lol:

But what type of demon is it, Jae?! I still don't know.

Archived