32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Steam Installed?

• Yes.
    • No, but I'll get it eventually.
    • No, and I'll never install Steam.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Hypnotiq: Still have my copy of UT2004 ready, but I don't think there's anyone around to play with, not many UT-players round these parts. :(

This is sad news, but I mean if you ever want to play I'm available, I'd have to go get my UT2004 disk and install it on my computer here at school, but I love UT.

I used to be really into that game, but than UT3 came out and the clan I was friends with everybody in (AOD) kind of fell to the wayside. Now I can't ever find anyone to play with.

The best multiplayer Star Wars game would be Battlefront, or the Old Republic, because I can not wait for that game. Damn it, I don't want to wait two years.

I don't think I'll join, for the following two reasons:

1) I don't have most of the games everyone is mentioning, and if I do, then chances are it's uninstalled.

2) I loathe multiplayer with a passion. Don't know why, just do.

OP updated:

It looks like Friday / Saturday in the evening is the preferred time slots. The biggest hurdle is still the time zone difference.

How about our first scheduled event be Jedi Acedemy or Battlefront 2 next Saturday at 8pm Eastern. Sound good? I could make it a little earlier so it's not past midnight for those in the UK area.

Remember folks, you don't need me to tell you what to do. I'm doing this to get people interested, and to get an active online multiplayer community going. If you can get enough people together for an impromptu game session, go for it!

Forgot to specify next Saturday, but I will be online tomorrow if enough people want to start a game.

Nice, positive initiative Phreak :)

In future, If I ever gave TOR a go I'd like to see some of you rascals on there, but I'm not sure how that works with server across different continents etc.

As for the classic games, interesting no one has mentioned any of the flight sims - it's lucky because I'd destroy any of you nerf-herders in XW v Tie. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. :D

mtfbwya

In future, If I ever gave TOR a go I'd like to see some of you rascals on there, but I'm not sure how that works with server across different continents etc.
Dude, you know we'll be playing this together. :)

As for the classic games, interesting no one has mentioned any of the flight sims - it's lucky because I'd destroy any of you nerf-herders in XW v Tie. I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. :D
I still have my copy! I'd but up for any of the X-Wing series games.

I'd certainly be up for online games of Jedi Academy, though Outcast really is better...
I got both, and would tend to agree. I liked the JO maps better. But I'm up for either.

I think this is a great idea - I rarely play MP because I always seem to end up in games with complete jerks - but playing against people I regularly interact with here sounds fun.

I've uninstalled Steam for now, but will probably be reinstalling it pretty soon. I guess now I just need to dig out my Best of PC discs.

Oh, and when I get Steam up and running again, if anyone wants to play either Empire or Napoleon: Total War (released this week), i'd be happy to oblige. ;)

I think this is a great idea - I rarely play MP because I always seem to end up in games with complete jerks - but playing against people I regularly interact with here sounds fun.

That's the exact reason I've stopped playing MP altogether. I've had a change of heart and I may join, but I don't have Steam, meaning I probably won't end up being able to play. I have BF2, JA, JO, EAW, FOC, but only BF2 is installed.

I guess I'll join Steam.

Always wanted JA, have JO should anyone care.

As for outside LA games...

Any Orange Box-er's here? Gmod stuff is cool. I'd be willing to beta test any maps, assuming my machine isn't about to leave me a pile of crap.

L4d2 is great fun. That'll be DOWN the line, though...

Is anyone here a Multi Theft Auto fiend? MTA is a multiplayer mod for the GTA games previous to San Andreas all the way back to GTA3. (Or supposedly expanding on SA's already available multiplayer?) Drop me a line if anyone wants to run around with me in 128 bit environments lighting fire to stuff and murdering people in all manner of vehicular mayhem.

Too bad Oni was never as completed as it should have been--I'd have loved it to be co op multiplayer online.

PC online is about all for me. Having been introduced to PS3 network... wow, just, wow. Amazing, turned me indecisive. Probably not going to go with XBOX LIVE! either: I just discovered how much Fry's electronics compnent section kicks ass and just sunk some $$$ into that. Look out Rhett--I'm coming up right behind you in making microcomputers! --well, not really, but I just bought a whole boat load of fun. :D

So, yeah. PC online.

Bumpage:

First gaming night today at 6PM eastern.

We're going to play Battlefront 2, or at least start with that. After we get tired of it, we can switch to another game. I know my TF2 server works, and assuming the other source servers installed will work as well (HL2DM or L4D).

I picked an earlier time so people ahead on the time zone charts can still join in at a reasonable time. Those in the US can join in later if they can't make it at 6pm.

Remember, I'm playing this stuff by ear, so I have no idea how smooth this will go. If only a handfull of people show up, we can play a different game or something.

I'll be in the LF Steam group chat before 6pm.

Well, only a handful of people showed up, and we ended up playing L4D since not everyone had Battlefront 2. Do more people have Battlefront 1?

I'd definitely be interested in a RTS night. I'll post in the steam social group to see who's interested and who has what.

Right now, I think we're about to play Team Fortress 2.

A good start. We played L4D and TF2. I wish there was an easy way of figuring out what games everyone has in common.

Same time next week? A little later? Friday instead?

Edit:

It has been suggested that I turn this into a weekend (Friday through Sunday) thing, and that we should pick a few "core games" that many people will have.

So, every weekend, at a certain time, people can meet up in the steam group chat and decide on a game from the list of "core games" that everyone has.

If there's enough people interested in different games, they can split up or something.

I'm trying not to make this reliant on me to bug everyone to show up.

Archived