Home

Winter Olympics

Jae Onasi

Yevgeny Plushenko is being a sore loser, IMHO. He calls his silver medal "platinum", and even though he did a quadruple jump, he wobbled on some of his other elements. He didn't fall, but I thought Evan Lysacek was better.

I don't give two craps about ice skating, but I do keep up with the Olympics and I do agree that Plushenko is being a really sore loser. It annoys me in any sport. Also, he should be automatically disqualified from winning the gold due to his horribly offensive mullet. Seriously, it's gross.

Warning - this is painful to watch...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Does anyone else find it really annoying that lately half of yahoos top news have been articles that are just random factoids about the Olympics and Olympians inflated to be articles that usually have content about on par with what an 8th grader would write?

Occasionally I find it irritating and annoying, but all things considered if America's average reading level a few years ago was considered to be 5th grade, then by your assessment we've improved rather generously. o_Q

No - I enjoy it compared to "real" news.

I too find it amusing when I'm in a good mood otherwise I could just take it or leave it. I did like that article recently about that lady who had an original NES in the original box and unopened in pristine condition and 6 games, one of which was an ultra rare game apparently. The whole shebang sold for over $13,000 on eBay IIRC correctly.

8th grade level? Not bad, considering most news articles are written for the 6th grade level. They're moving up in the world!

See I'd heard we were 5th grade avg. but you know...whatever. :xp:

I don't give two craps about ice skating, but I do keep up with the Olympics and I do agree that Plushenko is being a really sore loser. It annoys me in any sport. Also, he should be automatically disqualified from winning the gold due to his horribly offensive mullet. Seriously, it's gross.

Warning - this is painful to watch...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Damn, I didn't know ice skaters were taking steroid infused workout lessons from pro wrestler Scott Steiner. :dev9:

Archived