Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mod is coming out great!

I love the pics :)

It's a total conversion. Besides, mods are non-canon. Canonicity is not a problem here.

This'll be a cool mod.

The way I see mods are interactive fan fics

I agree that what matters is not wither its cannon to the tee, but that its a fun game with an engaging story that takes you on an adventure to another place.

I look forward how you weave your story line in and around the Star Wars movies. Its going to be fun to play:thmbup1:

Logan

Thanks Logan, I'm purposely making some things revolve around the movies but for the most part you'll be able to experience a whole new story with vastly different plots from that of the original KOTOR games.

I'm trying to make it unique and allow room for expansions later on.

Since you're trying to follow canon as close as possible, I should point out that the Tantive IV was not captured by the Executor - it doesn't appear until Episode 5. You'll remember that it was just a regular Star Destroyer that appeared at the start of Episode 4.

Well when I started the making this thing back in maybe November I wasn't aware of that and now that I already have the Executor set up to be the invading ship, I'm just going to leave it because of the events that happen on it. It just makes sense that it is Vader's Flagship because you'll be revisiting it later on.

Well when I started the making this thing back in maybe November I wasn't aware of that and now (...) I already have the Executor set up to be the invading ship.

Have you actually done the Executor's outer hull? Because if you did not, there is little to no differences between the interior of such ships (except for the scale wich I assume will not be whole according to "the size of that thing").

No, there's really no way you're going to be able to see the ship. But like I said earlier the events that happen inside the Executor just feel like they have to be on Vader's Flagship so it'll take some convincing to persuade me to change it to the Devestator.

Well, that's not going to be hard: before the executor was built, Vader had another flagship: the "Devastator". When the Tantive IV was captured, the Executor wasn't build yet. So I guess if you feel those events should happen on his flagship, the Devastator is the ship you want...

More infos:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devastator

By the way, because of the similarity in design between the 2 ships, about the only thing that would change would be the name of the ship.

-DK- - While I normally behead TC ideas in their cribs, this shows promise. I approve.

Thanks DK, I can use all the support you can give.

Holty1-5 - Will there be more Party members

There most certainly will be, I still have to create them yet. The only reason why those three are the only ones you see is because I haven't been able to get started on the other planets with the exception of Coruscant part II.

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!

Finally, you've made the thread ! Excellent mod, which has great potential...

I like Zorin the best! (the voice actor he got is spectacular! :p)

JM

And of course, you are referring to yourself !!!

Try and get this one too:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T21_Light_Repeating_Blaster;85231

This mod looks very promising!:thmbup1:

Isn't that for KotOR 1 ?

EDIT: I guess it makes no difference...:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I figured I'd post pictures of Sarith Dolros that I reskinned.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

swkotor2_2010-03-18_17-17-37-61.jpg

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor2_2010-03-18_17-17-25-97.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality, I kinda took em' in a hurry.

Ignore the female portrait, I was just testing out the skin. ;)

JM

• 4 weeks later...

New Update:

My apologies for saying nothing for a while, I've been tied down to my school work. But I should be able to put some bigger dents into SOTE by the end of next week so expect a lot of work being done over the course of the Summer. Sorry I'm not posting any screenies, those will come when the module(s) are completely reskinned.

Tantive IV - 95% complete

Just need to make a scene for a companion.

Module Reskins are completed

The Executor - 85% Complete

Need to correct some inconsistancies with the main plot

Finish module reskins

Yavin IV - 60% Complete

Need to finish the plot, about 90% done

Finish module reskins

Finish placing object

Finish side quests

Klatooine - 50% complete

Finish main plot, about 50% completed

Finish placing object, only God knows (Klatooine is very big)

Finish module reskins

• 2 weeks later...

Archived