Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

Sure a few wouldn't hurt. I personally would like to put up some new pics but I'm only waiting to get the planet's reskinned. So far only one is truely reskinned and that has to change to make it look a little more like the Tantive, it's still too dark. Hopefully soon we'll be able to host some additional screenshots.

Also note that Sion will have nothing to do with SOTE with the exception that there is always the possibility that he will be used in a reskin for somebody.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-----UPDATE-----

I have decided to replace Mygeeto with Slehayron simply because it will take more time to make the modules for Mygeeto and with Slehayron, I can just use preexisting modules.

I also have finally decided on a ship. After much irritation of flipping back and fourth between modules that could work and many different ideas I have decided to make a monster ship, code name a small Imperial War Ship which once belonged to an Imperial General. It will have it's own plot in order to take over and you will have many things to do on it throughout the game.

Slehayron: 30 - 40% complete with main plot

Ardent Phoenix (PC's ship): Have only been able to build modules so far, a whopping 16 that is.

---UPDATE---

Wow, I made a huge dent in this thing. I have finished the main plot of Slehayron after fixing minor bugs and such. Still need to populate, make side quests, and reskin.

Everyone will happy to hear this! I am now focusing my attention to the Tantive IV and the Devastator (I think that's it, Vader's flagship anyway). Hopefully within a very short time I will have these two locations done and with that a Beta release to bring some more attention to this project.

You're right, this thing is going to be a monster. With only 7 locations started and one completed we're already looking at 925+ MB, that's more than a CD!

Wow! Imagine the final size, with so many scripts, dialogs, 2das, models, modules, OMG!!!

I have a question for the public.

There's a place on Slehayron that you'll be able to purchase a droid, very much similar to buying HK-47 on Tatooine in KOTOR. The only difference is that you'll have the choice to choose between three different droids. One is an astrodroid (will look similar or exactly like R2-D2 in the future), the second is one of the four legged spider droids, and the third is a very big human shaped droid, I'm assuming one from M4-78.

Would it be a good idea for people to go back to Slehayron and exchange the droid for another one with the merchant?

This mod looks amazing so far... Looking at this gets me inspired to continue with my TC seeing how far you've come since the beginning. The idea behind the mod is good, to be honest quite a while back before I started modding I was thinking about something like this too but didn't have the skill to even want to attempt it. Good to see that somebody want's to give it a shot. :thmbup1:

There will be I think at least 10 companions and I have even figured out a system to use more than 10!

P.S. This may be a little off topic but could you send me a message explaining this system?

I have a question for the public.

There's a place on Slehayron that you'll be able to purchase a droid, very much similar to buying HK-47 on Tatooine in KOTOR. The only difference is that you'll have the choice to choose between three different droids. One is an astrodroid (will look similar or exactly like R2-D2 in the future), the second is one of the four legged spider droids, and the third is a very big human shaped droid, I'm assuming one from M4-78.

Would it be a good idea for people to go back to Slehayron and exchange the droid for another one with the merchant?

I agree with some other posters that this a good idea with the droids. You could have a sidequest but it could be not an actual go to planet XYZ and do this quest. Like someone stated make them small. They only have to have some type of reward for doing them.

Use the back stories on these 3 droids to build their minny side quest.

Keep up the great work:thmbup1:

logan

Ok, since everyone is for this I'll implement it into the system. As for sidequests I'll probably make something and not even make journal entries with them. It will just happen with no notifications in the journal. Should you forget what to do I'll just have the droid repeat what's to be done.

Also another question for you guys. Having the T3 conversations really bugged me because really, who can understand a bunch of beeps. Would it be better to have an actual dialog at the bottom of the conversation screen and keep the beeps or should the droid have a robotic voice of its own? This also goes with the other two droids as well.

I think I would prefer a robotic voice personally. Also, this could be a way of adding a VO (people often "need" VO's, though I personally don't care). The voice would be easy to do too - you could just use a computer-generated voice that most recording/speaking softwares can produce.

Well what do you think about this idea, what if I can make T3 work with talking VOs and the beeps. When the astro droid is first recruited you can have the option of changing the droid's voice to be beeps or talk as well as changing it afterwords.

Here's a render of my first attempt at modeling, I'm going all out in trying to get the modules done. Sorry about the textures that's all that 3DS has and I haven't figured out how to add my own textures yet. But there are three levels and it's suppose to be the Emperor's throne room on the Death Star at the end of the Return of the Jedi:

render.jpg

Archived