Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

storm-rider

what game is this a coversion mod for?

will the combat system be changed? if so, how?

will anything else be changed other than the story and area's?

1. This is going to be for TSL since it has better models, powers, and animations overall.

2. If we can break it we will change the fighting system. The fighting system that we're talking about changing are the Space Battles which will simply give you a little more control over the npc rather than just being fixed in one spot.

3. We will be adding new systems that will make the game seem a whole lot more like we're in reality. Anything more I'm not going to say until we have them fully functioning and when I do we'll have mod casts of them.

Ok, time for a new update. I've been working hard on trying to get get some more modules done for Mygeeto and I know that Dak Drexl has been working on a special surprise for Mygeeto that we'll announce later on.

But anyway, here is the new module I've been working on; the Company Building. Also please note that the screenshot of the company logo that says Microsoft is a temporary skin, it will be changed once we figure out the name and logo.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

company2.jpg

company3.jpg

company4.jpg

company5.jpg

company6.jpg

Dak Drexl has been working on a special surprise for Mygeeto that we'll announce later on.[/Quote]

It's nothing extraordinary, it's going to be pretty neat I think :thmbup1: Definitely something new.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

company2.jpg

At the beginning of the tunnel, the first little bit of the texture looks stretched. Nothing major at all, but watch out! :p

Looks great as usual.

Some sweet stuff you got going on HarIII, looks like you made quiet some progress :)

Really happy to see your getting great at 3D modelling.

Keep it up! Loved the buildings on the platform very cool shapes! I'm jealous I didn't made that :lol:

Now if I can just get the remaining 50 - 60 modules done I'll be good...:migraine:

Trust me, it's going to be far easier to reskin or reduce. 50-60 newly modeled modules is realistically not going to happen. If you want to complete this mod, don't be too ambitious, it can destroy a project. Some wise words would be to start with a stand-alone area release, then work your way up.

At the beginning of the tunnel, the first little bit of the texture looks stretched. Nothing major at all, but watch out! :p

that's a tunnel? I thought it looked like an MRI or CT scanner :lol:. Without a character for scale, I guess its easy for viewers to make that kinda mistake.

Looking good though :thumbsup:

To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is.:tng1: I just made something that I thought looked pretty cool, so far I'm imagining it as a kind of computer archive area or something, maybe even a testing tunnel.

:lol: The coolest stuff often gets made that way in an area. I often have empty spots that need somesort of "filler". And of you go with a cube... and 15minutes later you have a odd shape... but, then you think, what the h*ll it supposed to be x-D

The only advice I can give you is to look up some tutorials or info about rendering. Your shots could use some more real lights, then the standard 3D view from 3Ds Max offers. I know I often go overboard with the whole Mental Ray thing in my own shots :lol:

But, it'll make things more clear how your area works/ looks, plus rendering is just another awesome part of 3D :)

You need patience though, it can take up to 5minutes to get a picture; mind that it is one of high quality then, big resolution, antianiliasing stuff and all... a heck getting carried away here :lol:

Continue on! Ignore my madness :D

Well I follow Quannon's tutorial on how to make an area exactly (or at least I think I do, otherwise I wouldn't be having my problems). I go through the process, export, and then open it up with KAurora. My problem occurs when I try to open it, the walkmesh box is red rather than green. I've tried to redo it many times but I've yet to get it right.

Archived