Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I follow Quannon's tutorial on how to make an area exactly (or at least I think I do, otherwise I wouldn't be having my problems). I go through the process, export, and then open it up with KAurora. My problem occurs when I try to open it, the walkmesh box is red rather than green. I've tried to redo it many times but I've yet to get it right.

One of my video tutorial or a written one?

I'm not sure what I said or written about walkmeshes... They seem to be one of the more harder parts to do right, when people start to do their own areas.

God, I should really redo those tutorials. asap. x-D

storm-rider - What LordDeathRay said about the Endar Spire may be what will come out in the Beta version. That actual mod will be around the same amount of game play as you see in TSL or more.

Quannon - The one I followed is a video tutorial, it's part of a series of tutorials you made (roughly 13 videos I think). Is that the one I should follow or do you have a different one that would be better to use.

Quannon - The one I followed is a video tutorial, it's part of a series of tutorials you made (roughly 13 videos I think). Is that the one I should follow or do you have a different one that would be better to use.

Mmm, at this point the videos are the best tutorials I have online. Though it seems Part13 has a broken link to it. Infact I need to re-upload that bit. But I can't find it anywhere on my PC :(

But, to anwser your question: My way of making areas has changed over time, more experience by doing and stuff... it's that I need to redo those videos.

I think I could do better to explain it all, give better and more indepth information about, well everything involved with area modelling.

These old videos are good enough if you got a small area, once you go to say regular or big sizes, then... well then it won't work aswell :-S

I'll shall do my best to create some new vids up.

christos200 - We intend to make the main plots have multiple possibilities during a play through. For example for Taris in KOTOR. You will go from the apartments to escaping the planet. Option A maybe working with the gangs in the lower city, option B could be infiltrating the Sith, and Option C might be joining the exchange. You will start out at the apartments, take on of 3 paths, and then escape Taris. This means that you can play through the game three times and each time it will be different.

Kind of like in K1 where you can choose to buy HK-47 and in K2 when you either get handmadian or deciple?

Actually, you get to choose your droid companion out of three that are available for purchase. They will have different skill sets and abilities. Pretty cool if you ask me, it makes the experience more personal.

• 3 weeks later...

The project is still alive and kicking. Right now I'm focused on fixing some old bugs that were recently brought to my attention, so far the Tantive IV is complete (it is still being tested). Now I'm going to run through the Devastator and fix everything in there.

Just throwing it out there, it has been decided that we are adding... (breath)... the planet Ansion along with two new companions. The setting will be a small city located out in the middle of a huge plain and the time of day will be sunset

Got a quick question for the community. As everyone probably knows each Jedi class has a special Force Power such as Force Camouflage or Pain Resistance (think that's the name). How would the community feel if the pc had access to every ability not through a simple level up but by performing tasks or completing training which will open your mind to these powers?

Got a quick question for the community. As everyone probably knows each Jedi class has a special Force Power such as Force Camouflage or Pain Resistance (think that's the name). How would the community feel if the pc had access to every ability not through a simple level up but by performing tasks or completing training which will open your mind to these powers?

I think that's a great idea. The training part also fits well with the SW universe feeling.

It sounds very nice to me :thmbup1:

This is an awesome idea indeed. Now my Jedi Master/or whatever (since you start out as a bad guy doing his job) can go haywire on all the enemies.

Can you also add the force jump attack for the training so I can melee rush my enemies?

Essentially I can, but it will all be obtained probably through training experiences. Though I do think that your alignment will play a role in what powers you do get. Such as a Jedi class will have all the powers of the Force Sensitive and Jedi classes and a Sith might have all the powers of the Force Sensitive and Sith classes.

This may change however on how they are obtained and what can be obtained but essentially every power will be accessible.

Just throwing it out there, it has been decided that we are adding... (breath)... the planet Ansion along with two new companions. The setting will be a small city located out in the middle of a huge plain and the time of day will be sunset

Just to whet your appetites for screenshots, here are a few quick pics of one area of Ansion. Khoonda, which is an Imperial base, and the plains. You can also see the new sunset skybox...

K2_00002.jpg

Just to whet your appetites for screenshots, here are a few quick pics of one area of Ansion. Khoonda, which is an Imperial base, and the plains. You can also see the new sunset skybox...

K2_00002.jpg

The sun seems kinda high in the sky for a sunset. The colours are quite nice though - they look calm, not angy.

The reason why our sky turns red, is because at a low angle, the beams of light are passing through more of the atmosphere. This means that more particles of matter (pollution) in the atmo are blocking the light beams, so only the longer wavelengths (red end of spectrum) get through. The same effect can happen at any time of the day, depending on the level of pollution in the area. Smoggy cities, or smoke from forest fires can also cause this.

In a Star Warsy planet, perhaps this planet just naturally has more floating debris in the air?

This concludes my psuedo science lesson for the day :xp:

I think that's probably the most innovative idea around force powers I've ever heard or could think of ! :thmbup1:

Archived