Home

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

harIII

Hey everyone, got a favor to ask of someone which can be done by ANYONE!!! I need an outside guy who don't know anything about the SOTE plot who can help me out with writing dialog. For example, imagine you haven't played KOTOR before, what are some questions you might have if you woke up on the Endar Spire and found the entire place under attack by the Sith and a Republic soldier walked into the room? What would be your response or questions?

I want to make the dialog for SOTE as realistic as possible and I believe this will be the way to do it. I'm looking for three people who have an imagination and can critically think and I'm taking everyone on a first come first serve basis. Remember, I'm taking up to three. If you volunteer I'll send you a PM and we'll get started. Thanks.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^^ Did you read his post and fully understand it, Slstoev? He was not asking for people that have not played KotOR, but for people that are not familiar with the plot that HarIII has been working on. He asks us to imagine that we ourselves are awakened aboard the Endar Spire... he is looking for fresh ideas!

Definitely not a spam post.

I wish I had the time, h3.... I barely have time to tinker with the few deadends I work on here and there.

However, what you are asking for, I hope you find - I am sure they are out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well to introduce the character, you could make cinematic of sorts, put it in a datapad, or have like a vision of briefing for the mission.... or you could have like a Droid tell you maybe? Or just a convo with someone? Any combination of sorts too I guess. Well just giving my input hope it helps :)

• 2 months later...

I. AM. BACK!!!! by next Monday. That's right, after too many books to care to remember, 30 papers with two 30 pages and up, and exams coming to a close I will make my return to the modding world and continue the Shadows of the Empire project.

Just to throw an update out there, during my absence I was fortunate enough to recruit Timbob to the team who's been continuing the project as best he can. Now unfortunately I'll be on and off during the summer (I don't have internet at the house) but I will continue to give continuous updates as I can. Till further notice it sounds like Timbob is going to be generous enough to continue what it is he's done while I go full time into modeling to get the new areas banged out.

So in essence what you need to know is that the project is not dead, it is very much alive. I just couldn't deal with it during my courses. By Monday I will be back modding harder than ever to get this project done.

An update!

Meet the General, in charge of all military action on Ansion and today featured in his new Heavy Armour created by Dak

k200005.png

k200006.png

k200004.png

Also thank you to all the voice actors who PM'd me. I now have a nice list and I have already started distributing parts. I am still accepting applications though.

Glad you like it :)

About an early release, I'm sure Har won't mind. Also this skin (with a few modifications) will be included in my upcoming mod as the "war machine" ironman armor. That was the inspiration for this skin anyway, with the Imperial color scheme going on and all. I also see that you're already working with the Ansion skins I asked you about. I can start work on the other area if you want Timbob.

Archived