Home

Brutal Legend 2

Ramaxis

Is there going to be a Brutal legend 2? And if so, what do youguys think is a good way to continue the epicness that was the original? I have some ideas as to how the story could continue, for instance:

- Someone buys the record from the store and is sucked into the Age Of Metal after putting the record on.

- Succoria is revived in the modern world and has to find a way back into the past to save Eddie from something (while teaching the modern world the epicness of metal in the process).

- The Sea Of Black Tears is discovered in the modern world and people need to rediscover the secrets of Metal to stop it from destroying the world.

Well, thats just some of my ideas. If anyone else has any, post them here :)

1. Sorry bro, thats just a framing mechanism

2.Don't think so

3. The modern world is before the sea of black tears.

4. Chances are there is not going to be a Brütal legend 2 because the double fine team is not very big on sequels, if anything they would have pyschonauts 2 before Brütal legend 2

5. It takes doublefine about 7 years to make a game, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too soon

I could see Brutal Legend 2 happening, especially given the way Schafer has described the game's world in interviews as one that he's anxious to revisit. I think the jury's still out on whether or not the game warrants a sequel from a financial standpoint - it was no monster hit, but it was a hit of some order, and it seems to still be garnering some fairly consistent sales. I think it's ultimately up to EA. In the meantime, I would expect more DLAC and maybe some smaller project from Double Fine.

I want a sequel just for the multiplayer.

Double Fine just did their first multiplayer game, and they celebrate by resurrecting Battlezone and Sacrifice? YES PLEASE. I don't think after all they've done, this is a franchise that they can walk away from.

The multiplayer could be the same and I'd still buy it. I picture a Brutal Legend 2 single player experience getting the Assassin's Creed treatment. I only picture a new faction or two and some new maps for multiplayer, and I'll be as happy as can be.

According to VGchartz (which sucks) BL on 360 is selling roughly at the same rate that Mirror's Edge did. PSN is a little less, and the community there is less healthy unfortunately.

The thing about finances is that this time around, it's Activision who paid the price for Brutal Legend's development. EA's contributions were very last-minute.

This game's multiplayer strikes a chord in me. The last game to try this on a console was Guilty Gear 2, which I did not like. I tell as many people as I can to get this game, and I wrote a big mulitplayer guide to help out other players confused by the Stage Battles. The top players contributed to it in amazing ways. I'm going to post it here soon.

The thing about finances is that this time around, it's Activision who paid the price for Brutal Legend's development. EA's contributions were very last-minute.

People insist the same thing about Majesco and Psychonauts, but these games had massive bucks spent on their marketing. With Brutal Legend, the aggressively epic advertising campaign, securing of big name voice talent, and extensive high profile song licensing probably cost EA more than a few centavos. Besides which, even if EA only had to fork over the dough to put the ribbon on an already wrapped gift (far from the case), that would be irrelevant to the perceived viability of a sequel, which they would of course still have to fund entirely.

The day I play Brütal Legend 2 my life will be complete. Sadly I'm not so sure it's going to happen. Not if you consider how long it takes for Double fine to release their games - it's sad to say it, but to say that Ozzy for example will still be around and kicking seven years from now is pretty optimistic. If they want to do it properly, they have to speed things up. Not to mention how ridiculously hard it must be to make all the famous folks join in the making.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure they could pull it off if they wanted to. It's not like they don't have the material - they left masterly subtle hints that were easily overlooked but never really answered, like what exactly Ophelia hoped her parents were wrong about(as far as I know she was talking about Eddie, and they weren't around when he arrived) or when emperor Forkhead mentions that Succoria was supposed to SPY on the humans, something that, as far as I know, was never mentioned again. Or WHERE THE F* Mangus popped out from. Then again, I might just be missing some obvious facts here. Wouldn't be the first time >.> The prequel/sequel debate though, I find pretty annoying. The main character owns a TIME TRAVELING BELT BUCKLE. The OBVIOUS solution would be Eddie going on with his life in the age of Metal until like halfway through the game when he gets teleported back to the time of the first black tear rebellion, messing with peoples heads, f*ing up the course of history, become his own father or whatever. I don't care HOW they do it, but they will probably have to do both to pull it off properly. Best of both worlds! Yay! :D

Brutal legend 2 should follow Eddie riggs on his continues journey through the metal world, brutal legend was set in just a small continent, now they should add a whole world, with towns and such. changes like:

new factions: an evil black metal army( the drowning doom dosent count since they are doom metal) a rageing Viking metal army( combined with the sort of epic over the top metal manowar plays)

give eddie the ability to jump and give him a chain to use in the same fashion you use a whip.

new monsters like, a dragon monster truck hybrid.

the return of Fleatus plus his crew. the crew is offcourse modeld after the rest of ACDC

And for the love of god, cast Dio as a titan in human form sitting atop a silver mountain. ( that is if he beats the damnd stomach cancer)

The story whould be that Doviculus didnt die there at the shores of the black sea, the evil of the sea raises him from the dead and gives him dark powers beyond belif, he leaves the current metal land in search for an army strong and brutal enough to counter the ironheade and to bring Eddie down. He finds them in the form of the black metal Army, the black Horde, a group of humans who worships the the most grim and brutal teachings of the titans and Ormagöden, Doviculus poses as an emisery of there gods and makes a pact with there king, Lord Ülmatron, that in exchange for dark powers the king will help the demon emperor in destroying ironheade. But one of the titans sees allt his and appears before eddie in the form of a prophet ( that be Ronnie james dio) and tells him about the turn of event.

• 4 weeks later...

I want a sequel to be about the various factions, Fleetus as well, to the modern age where they lose their powers because of how lame the modern world is. So they all start tours where they battle it out and try to get their powers back by making the world a more metal place.

Also, Ironheade markets their tour as an attack for world domination :D

• 1 month later...

I want to see Celtic Rock. If you like heavy metal then you will love Flogging Molly and Drop Kick Murphy. I can't think of any other kind of music that is such a good blend of the tradition and modern. And besides Celtic warriors were the first to start dressing like rock stars so any units or factions that would represent Celtic Rock would look so bad-a@#!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a rough idea for a story, it came to me in a dream a few weeks ago and I spent sometime last night piecing some bits together while listening to some Dark Tranquillity and Angra.

Brutal Legend and The Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

So yea taking some influnce from that masterpiece from Iron Maiden, anyway enough talk here it is, I don't have monster or anything just characters.

Peace regains in the world of Brütal Legend since Eddie defeated Doviculus however as is usually the case when peace lasts for as long as it does a dark force rises from the frozen wastes of the north as a dark tyrant comes to power crushing all those who stand in his way with ease and is seemingly invincible, he knows how the battle will go, what his enemies will do before he does it. How does he do this, with the help of the Seventh Son.

The SSOASS (something Harris?) will be a small frail man, mid 20s possibly, he is not evil but is instead an unwilling accomplish to the tyrant, he has the gift of the second sight and many other strange powers have yet to think of. But mostly like seeing through time, past, present, future sort of stuff.

His history is that he was born of a Seventh Son who fought along side Riggnarok in the Black Tear Rebellion along with the other Sons from the family of Harris and each of them were champions in Rebellion. However after the the war the Seven Sons settled down and had families of their own with the wife and had kids (one of them the father to Lars and Lita possibly, maybe?) but the Seventh Son for all that he and his wife tried to have a son but ever son died at birth, all but the Seventh Son although he was weakly and pathetic his parents still loved him as he was until they died (killed maybe dunno yet). Harris the SSOASS was friendly with Eddie and his crew but when they fell under attack from the warriors from the frozen wastes Harris was taken prisoner and then as I said is made to use his powers for the dark tyrant.

But yea thats pretty much it, how is it?

And yes! Yes that would be kin awesome Lordstevie for Dio as The Man On The Silver Mountain \m/ o \m/

Archived