Home

Singleplayer Models

DepecheMoses

If I'm not mistaken, you just have to place copies of the model.glm and the skin files of the model you want to use into models/players/kyle (in your new pk3) to override Kyle's model.glm (you don't have to copy the textures, since they're referenced by path in the model.glm and skin files; but that also means you cannot simply rename the path of the model folder, but have to retain it in its original place - hence the copies).

• 6 months later...

Ok, I'm confused. Can anyone please explain this to me. I'm trying to use the "Reborn_To_Maul_SP" so I put the pk3 file in the base folder like it told me to in the readme, then I start my game and my lightsaber hilt has changed, but the skin is still Kyle. Is there anything I need to do "in game" to change my appearance? I went into the console enabled cheats, and typed in the: model reborn/boss and nothing happened.

If I have to change things in the pk3 file or the cfg file, I can't access them. I tried to download a couple programs to edit them, and all they did was check them for viruses. Apparently I'm a noob for this kind of stuff. I am trying to run it on Vista, maybe that is one of the problems...

anyway, any help would be awesome. Thanks!

oh, one more thing, when I go to the "mods" tab when the game is started, nothing is there. I've tried creating folders in both the base and GameData folders, and also just leaving the pk3 file in the base and GameData folder, but it doesn't show up.

That file you downloaded 'Reborn to Maul' requires a seperate mod as well. If I remeber correctly you need to check the readme to get the link to the origianl Maul skin/model and put that in your base folder along with the 'reborn to Maul' mod.

If you want mods to show up in the "Mods" menu you need to go into your 'gamedata' folder and make a new folder there. Name it whatever you want and then drop the desired mods inside of it. It will then show up under "mods."

Archived