Home

Tips on using the force offensively against high-level enemies?

Jaden_Korr

Hey all...just a SP question for you. When fighting higher level enemies, I'm fairly proficient at sabering them to death. But when it comes to using that Jedi essential, I'm still a Padawan. Reborn masters block all my pushes and pulls, yet somehow send me sailing across the room, and if I get up close and personal to drain or choke them, it's the same result. Is this a result of a defensive AI code? Or something in-game that I can actually fight against, or mimic myself? It's really frustrating to fight Tavion and not be able to grip her, yet she drags you around by the neck and STILL blocks your force push.

• 1 month later...

Well the general rule (though my SP tactics are a bit fuzzy since I focus on MP) is that you're more susceptible to Push or Pull while you're moving or attacking. If you hold your ground (and you have some mana and the appropriate level of Push/Pull equivalent to counter theirs automatically) you shouldn't be as affected.

If you're running and hacking at them (or worse, leaping), they can toss you around a lot easier (and ditto for them).

Of course there are simply some things that AI can do that you can never do (not even with cheats), like a kind of instant push attack.

There's really no infinite force cheat that I know of (other than external trainer files out there). Instead there are things that give you a temporary or permanent boost in force REGENERATION (so it comes back faster, not so you have a limitless supply). The higher level Jedi you are, the faster your force will be able to regenerate, though.

With patience, practice and a little luck, you can overcome any of these chumps in battle. I normally play with realistic saber damage on, which can make it easier, or harder, depending upon who strikes first!

Archived