Home

Playing Jedi Outcast with the features of Jedi Academy

Guilio

I've ran a little search through the forum but haven't found an answer so far.

What I'm trying to achieve is playing the Outcast storyline (so SP) with the features that Academy adds to the JK2 series. And by those features I mean the moves/combos, force powers, different lightsaber hilts, etc.

I've got both original game CDs and I'd like to replay Outcast as Academy is kinda boring to play for the ninth time. However, I'm kinda used (perhaps hooked O.o) to the gameplay of Academy and would therefore like to play Outcast with Academy's features.

Is there any mod to make this possible? Or can I copy Outcast's PK3s into Academy's folder as a SP mod or something like that? Please let me know!

There is a mod that lets you put Jedi Outcast into Jedi Academy, there's two versions of it, both done 5 years ago by obXI AKA obi1138, excellent, excellent mod, here's the download links for it:

JO_JA Mod Version 2.0

JO_JA Mod Version 3.1

Do read the readmes that are on the download pages for these, as they tell what's in them. Something he didn't have, and I do, is a Jedi Outcast HUD for Jedi Academy that I came across on a website one time, and I have it saved on a disc and i also have it uploaded, here:

JK2 HUD.pk3

Here's a few other files that put things from Jedi Outcast into Jedi Academy as well:

I can't remember at the moment if obi put the lightsaber cursor in his mod or not; in case he didn't, here's a file that has it and in different colors:

Jedi Outcast Saber Cursors

And here's two animation mods that puts Jedi Outcast animations back into Jedi Academy:

JK2 Animations

JK2 Walk for JK3

Jedi Outcast lightning in Jedi Academy:

JK2_Lightning

I think you'll want this one as I remember obi replaced some of these missing npcs with other things in his mod, so this file would let you restore the originals:

Classic_NPCs

One other file, you might like to try out this higher quality Kyle Katarn lightsaber hilt by Trauma Sensei, maybe:

Kyle Katarn's Saber

If I think of any other files or come across any that you could put in jedi Academy, I'll let you know. Do be sure to read the installation instructions for the mod, very, very important. You will need to copy all of the assets from Jedi Outcast and rename them as the instructions say to do and put them in Jedi Academy's base folder for the mod to work.

You are quite welcome. :) I found one other little file, but this is something more like copying text from a text file and pasting and replacing text in your Jedi Academy configuration file that the game generates, but, you might be interested in it. Basically it gives you a way to have dismemberment like Jedi Outcast has in Jedi Academy.

JK3 Dismemberment

Forceboat, everything works but the dismemberment, any idea why it doesn't work? I've added the proper lines to the JAconfig files..

PS: I see you're a team member of the MOTS mod. Is it still in production or is it kinda dead..? There hasn't been a post on the MOTS board for ages..

Well, the downside with that dismemberment file is that since the dismemberment setting is hard-coded into the game, I presume the game automatically resets the setting. I do have a workaround file that I am going to give you a link to that will let you set the dismemberment level to your liking and let it stay at that, and I think it will be mostly like JK2's; it's cvars that are in the Setup submenu, you can cycle through them to the level of dismemberment you want. Originally created by Open Jedi Project, I give them entire credit for it. Try it out and see if it's any good for you.

Saber_Realism_Menus.pk3

Yes, the MOTS mod is still going, slowly but surely. Most of the board activity you don't see is in the team's private boards, where we post feedback and/or shots, etc. of the stuff going on. Sorry we haven't had a lot of activity in the public boards. Generally a lot of us get bogged down with real life and it drains out all of our energy for a good long while in even wanting to even look at or work on anything relating to the mod (myself included, I got so frustrated with trying to figure out lines of dialogue out of the old COG scripts from the game that I thought I was literally going to pull my hair out!!!; I am about ready to go full throttle back into the sound work and finish it ALL up, start to finish) . But don't give up hope. This will come out in some shape or form eventually.

• 1 month later...

Now that's really strange, Kurgan. Because I just went and tried it out in my copy of the game, and it works just fine. Do you have the game patched to 1.01? Maybe that's why it doesn't work. Beyond that...I have no idea why it screws up on yours. I stuck it in base, I haven't tried it out with the mod just yet, but I would think it would work in tandem with it anyway in the mod folder, I would think. If not, stick it in base and see if that corrects the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived