Home

Congrats Canada :)

Rinku

Yeah Miller was kicking ass all tourney, it was a damn good game. I don't really follow hockey so I didn't know what was going on most of the time, but it was exciting. I don't really get why we had to play Canada again nor do I get why in overtime each team had to go without a player.

I don't really follow hockey so I didn't know what was going on most of the time, but it was exciting. I don't really get why we had to play Canada again
First time was in the round robin stage that determines seeding, then the second in the "playoff" medal round.

nor do I get why in overtime each team had to go without a player.
A fairly recent rule. The idea is that it creates more space for the remaining players, and thus makes it more likely that a goal is scored and so they do not have to resort to a shootout to determine a winner.

They were talking about the ratings here in Canada, and it turns out that 80% of the population tuned in for at least some portion of the game.

Yeah, I had to work during the game. Fortunately, I planned my breaks so I could watch as much of the game as possible. I only missed the first goal, and that last goal... let's just say the rest of my shift was pretty damn good.

At the ripe old age of 22, Sidney Crosby has won a gold medal, Stanley Cup as well as a gold medal in the world juniors. Now all he has left to do is revive the Oiler franchise back to their glory days. :p

My heart could barely take it.

YES!!!!!!!

USA was a most worthy opponent.

Well, I was a bit sad we lost, but it was a darned good game. If we had to lose, at least it was with everyone playing their best and to the finest hockey team in the world.

I feel bad for Miller, who ends up being "the goat", even though he was the best goalie in the tournament.

He was named MVP of the tournament, so at least he gets that consolation. I don't know if that makes him feel better, but yes, he did an absolutely amazing job. He has nothing to be ashamed of. Considering that no one was seriously thinking the US would even medal, he sure made everyone take notice that the US hockey team couldn't be taken for granted.

The Chicago Blackhawks had their first home game last night after the Olympics and had a special ceremony for our players who'd gone to the Olympics. Having 3 silver medalists and 1 gold medalist on the team was totally awesome. Watch out Oilers!

Watch out Oilers!

Hahaha. Sadly, I don't the Oilers are going to win another game this season regardless of who they're playing. :(

The San Jose Sharks had 5 players on their team who have 4 gold medalists and a silver medalist. So, it's no surprise that the Sharks and Blackhawks are like the two best teams in the West.

Archived