Home

3D art

Lagomorph01

That's awesome. I don't have any 3D glasses (though I want to get some) but I can see it looks really good without them anyway.

Is it difficult to make a 2D image 3D? I know Dan Lee actually modelled his image in 2D 3D (if you see what I mean) and then set up two different cameras for the eyes, before merging the two images together and changing the colours. I suppose that's the best way of doing it, though you can't do it with a 2D image.

Well, this one was kind of tricky, since the image wasn't made for a 3D purpose.

I actually had to cut all of the characters and stuff out in Photoshop, then repainting the background behind them. (If you look closely you can still see some outlines where I got a little sloppy.)

After that I put the whole thing in 3D-Max, where I did indeed put two camera's on it.

After this I re-edited these pictures in Photoshop to apply the 3D effect.

Everything cost my about 2 afternoons, but, seeing as this was my first 3D project and I had to experiment a LOT, it can probably be done in a couple of hours.

I'm pretty proud of it though, never thought I'd be able to make something like this.

Well, it could probably be done in Photoshop or something...

You'd just have to have a really good eye for dept, and then guess where the object would be looking through your left eye, and then through your right.

It'd be kind of a trial and error, and probably more time consuming then using a 3D programme.

UPDATE:

I had a shot at my Avatar too:

3Dbeeld3.jpg

These are pretty awesome!

I made a picture story book out of 3-D images, but where the red and blue images were slightly different in some pages, and told two different parallel stories. The end result was pretty weird.

More pages here:

http://gildedgreen.com/sequential/anaglyph/index.html

0.jpg

(edit: I know, there's a typo on the cover. It's terribly embarrassing.)

10.jpg

36.jpg

More pages here:

http://gildedgreen.com/sequential/anaglyph/index.html

Hey Lagomorph, those are amazing! Seems like left and right eyes are switched though - traditionally anaglyph glasses have red for the left lens and blue for the right lens.

Thanks! ^^

It's strange, because the anaglyph glasses that I've got (I got 'm with Shrek 3D) are blue for left and red for right. This is also the order that the people from the tutorials used. Do these things differ in other parts of the world or something?

Ok this is pretty awsome! I love 3D and its always interested me. I was interested in doing the 3D stuff for pictures and stuff just as a hobby but I am terrible with Photoshop. Cant you just mess with the layers? Like duplicate them move them around a little and change the colour? Sorry I dont know alot about photoshop so correct me if i'm wrong.

But great work!

Well, this one was kind of tricky, since the image wasn't made for a 3D purpose.

I actually had to cut all of the characters and stuff out in Photoshop, then repainting the background behind them. (If you look closely you can still see some outlines where I got a little sloppy.)

After that I put the whole thing in 3D-Max, where I did indeed put two camera's on it.

After this I re-edited these pictures in Photoshop to apply the 3D effect.

Everything cost my about 2 afternoons, but, seeing as this was my first 3D project and I had to experiment a LOT, it can probably be done in a couple of hours.

I'm pretty proud of it though, never thought I'd be able to make something like this.

Thanks! ^^

It's strange, because the anaglyph glasses that I've got (I got 'm with Shrek 3D) are blue for left and red for right. This is also the order that the people from the tutorials used. Do these things differ in other parts of the world or something?

Hmm that's interesting. It might be a patent issue. Wiki on the subject seems to mention it briefly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

Ok this is pretty awsome! I love 3D and its always interested me. I was interested in doing the 3D stuff for pictures and stuff just as a hobby but I am terrible with Photoshop. Cant you just mess with the layers? Like duplicate them move them around a little and change the colour? Sorry I dont know alot about photoshop so correct me if i'm wrong.

But great work!

Thanks you very much.

The thing I did is put every single object in it's own layer. After that I had to repaint the backgrounds behind the objects, this is the thing that took so much time.

Because the objects will be changed in position, you can't have the original underneath it.

After that everything was put in perspective in 3D max, like this:

3dexample.jpg

A render is made from 2 different camera angles, and loaded back into Photoshop.

The images are resized, screened in red and blue, and then multiplied.

Voila, 3D!

That is wierd mine are the same. But if its a patent issue then only the shrek glasses would be that way. Just turn them upside down! :thmbup1:

Exactamundo! ;)

Thanks you very much.

The thing I did is put every single object in it's own layer. After that I had to repaint the backgrounds behind the objects, this is the thing that took so much time.

Because the objects will be changed in position, you can't have the original underneath it.

After that everything was put in perspective in 3D max, like this:

3dexample.jpg

A render is made from 2 different camera angles, and loaded back into Photoshop.

The images are resized, screened in red and blue, and then multiplied.

Voila, 3D!

Interesting:raise:...well thats kind of interesting. Good job and keep up the good work. And I was wondering what the picture of your avatar is from?

Archived