Home

Installing on Windows 7: Guide

JamieLM

Hi,

I just thought I'd let anyone that is experiencing problems with installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on a Windows 7 PC (or perhaps Vista as well) that I have constructed a guide to getting it to work.

The link to this guide is: http://www.jamiemcleish.com/Installing%20Star%20Wars.pdf

If there are any modifications to be made or there are any problems then please don't hesitate to contact me.

I hope this helps some people. Thank you very much :)

Regards,

Jamie McLeish.

• 1 month later...

read that tread, did some of those tricks, but still wont work. I think it has to do with the sound compatability. Ive tried about every trick here to get the game to either dl or to play.

Edit: did as the article said, but i still crash when it comes to the second fight of the game. what else is there todo.

Hi,

I just thought I'd let anyone that is experiencing problems with installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on a Windows 7 PC (or perhaps Vista as well) that I have constructed a guide to getting it to work.

The link to this guide is: http://www.jamiemcleish.com/Installing%20Star%20Wars.pdf

If there are any modifications to be made or there are any problems then please don't hesitate to contact me.

I hope this helps some people. Thank you very much :)

Regards,

Jamie McLeish.

A very pretty, well-though-out guide, but you left one important thing out; the updated swkotor.exe provided by SecuROM. You might want to mention that in place of the suggestion of using a crack, if only for legal purposes.

read that tread, did some of those tricks, but still wont work.

Wrong. You'll have to reinstall the game and do all of them if you want it to work.

ok, let me say this, i did all the things the guide said to do, but it still freezes up. The only thing i havent done is got the patch of 1.03 that is out, cause when i add the patch it tells me that the wrong disk is inserted. Is there a fix for that???

Archived