Home

Geograhpically challenged

Totenkopf

Being from Hawaii, my family called me when that whole bogus tsunami thing went down so I was watching CNN's coverage of it for most of the day. That was just one of many errors they made over the course of the day, the most common screw-ups were mis-pronunciations of various Hawaiian towns/cities. My favorite screw-up was in response to the fact that the tsunami didn't cause mass destruction at exactly 11:05 local time. The CNN news anchor said, "well it's not surprising that the tsunami is a little late, after all it has to travel several hundreds of thousands of miles from Chile." To put that in perspective the equatorial circumference of the Earth is just under 25,000 miles. She was a little off with her calculations...

CNN's entire covered of the event was hysterical. I'm not sure how right or wrong this is, but I found it incredibly odd that they reported 67 people dead on hawaii due to the tsunami 10 minutes before it even started. It also didn't help that no-one on the program could pronounce any of the state's cities, roads, etc.

<sigh>

I guess the powers that be could get the TV stations to broadcast BS and manipulate the audience at large. I thought they already did that. But to be so stupidly blatant about it...I thought the way it worked was by subtlety.

@OP: All the more affirmation: STAY OUT OF THE TV BROADCASTING BUSINESS.

Archived