Home

Mojo malware infection?

Harald B

HighLand is infected too - and it certainly doesn't run on Wordpress - not sure Wordpress even existed when that site was made. Predates lowercase HTML too ;-)

And I don't remember the FTP account (as usual), so... :p

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those "strange pop-ups" are probably adverts from when World of MI sold out to THE MAN.

Or disgruntled fans are attacking the site because WMI sold out... :detective:

But we'll get our best people on the case anyway.

Thanks! :thmbup1:

Zaarin (s-island) had a look at the World of MI and WoMI forum files and saw no trace of the Mojo Virus...

I had a look on those forums and couldn't see anything dodgy. Is it possible that the pop-ups are on your end? Don't know what else to suggest. Maybe updating the forum software would help, if you can...

Oh, wait a minute, I thought Zaarin was Zaarin and now it turns out he is actually s-island? No wonder Zaarin never replied when I thanked him for something, he was the wrong Zaarin!

I would appreciate if there was some sort of press release explaining this things so I don't make myself look like a fool in the future (or rather, not any more than I already do).

Zaarin (s-island) had a look at the World of MI and WoMI forum files and saw no trace of the Mojo Virus...

I had a look on those forums and couldn't see anything dodgy. Is it possible that the pop-ups are on your end? Don't know what else to suggest. Maybe updating the forum software would help, if you can...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been offline due to sickness... the popups are being reported by several forum members, so they're not just on my end I'm afraid. I also recently updated the forum software when the latest version of phpBB came out, which was after the popup problem started appearing, but that didn't fix it. Perhaps I should try a clean install of phpBB, see if that will fix it.

I've run some scripts on all of Mojo's files that removes the javascript malware so things should be clean now. However, some JS files and probably some PHP/HTML files as well may have lost content. I know that Wordpress' PHP files have had the last ?> removed by the virus and some JS files have been completely emptied.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, uh, guys? Was it your intention to send out an RSS feed item entitled "MOJO SUX" with a body linking to someplace that looks an awful lot like a spam site for pharmaceuticals?

EDIT: confirmed from a linux computer that there is a newspost too.

Sorry about that, as far as I know it was just a news post that was added by someone (not anyone authorised), but it's gone now and we'll reset the passwords for everything tonight, srry again about this but we're working on the situation.

Calm down everything is under control. ¬¬

Zaarin has reset all the passwords so whatever it was that was ****ing things up again will now be locked out. Possibly we have some security leaks in the code (it is very old) or possibly it was another trojan. Anyway I will fix things on the site (css is ****ed for some reason) once I have FTP access again.

Anyone receiving a trojan warning when they enter this thread? Odd that it is thread-specific but I just received two warnings in a row in this thread. Also, the ads aren't loading in this thread.
Avast gives me a warning about a trojan horse when trying to view page 1 of this thread at school and blocks me from viewing it. But at home Norton does not complain at all.

Edit: Disregard the previous panic attack. Once again, I am a gargantuan idiot. Damn hilarious joke, though. I guess it didn't help that I'm posting at 1:30 in the morning, and failed to realize the date change... Or that my speakers were muted.

There's nothing more to see here. You can go about your business. Move along.

I can't tell if it's a cruel April Fool's Joke or not, but Mojo's main page looks pretty messed up, but the rest of the site is relatively normal, apart from the fonts being double size. Also, the first three news posts were apparently posted in 1800, 1998 and 2004.

EDIT: Yeah, now it seems kind of obvious that it was an April Fools Joke. I even was wearing headphones and I still didn't realise.

Archived