Home

Mojo malware infection?

Harald B

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, I must say, Mojo pretty much does ALWAYS do April Fools jokes on us, I have no ****ing idea why every year I fall for it I think.

I finally had a chance to look at it on my PC at home rather than my iPod at work, and can tell now its all a prank, reading closely you get some strange wording for errors.

Whilst the ERROR ERROR might seem severe now, I'm sure it should be back soon.

I wonder who created the wonderful ASCII artwork which appears to be a twisted perversion of the Brazilian flag that now graces Mojo's front page, under the title 'Mojo Sux'?

Nobody created it, its just made by ascii converter - as said in site's source:

<!--

IMG2ASCII&HTML converter v1.1 by Lunatic-| <lunatic_àt__cpan.org>
   Coded in PHP using gdlib

Imagename: flag.png 
Width: 150 pixels
Height: 105 pixels
Original-Width: 720 
Original-Height: 504 

Referer: http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=colour+jpg+to+ascii+art&btnG=Search&meta=&aq=f&oq= 
Supersmall: No 
Gradient-string:  .:coCO8@ 
Palette size: 177 colors
-->

I wonder why somebody who made it hates Brazil so much?

I actually dreamt about Mojo last night (yes, I know)... Mojo 10 was unveiled, and it looked rather weird. It had 'Marley' written at the top instead of Mojo, and the page's background looked a bit like newspaper paper, with silhouettes of different animals like buffalo and birds and other things that were supposed to be related to LucasArts games. The links were in a gold colour, the whole thing was aligned to the left, and the normal Behind Mojo link was gone; when I hovered over it there was something in the statusbar with 'connecttray' or some such. Behind Mojo was now accessed by mousing over the right of the page, at which point the cursor would turn into an arrow pointing to the right.

That was my dream. If you guys really are making Mojo 10, which I hope, I suggest you don't use these ideas, because the Mojo 10 of my dreams looked terrible.

Archived