Home

How do you think Starkiller survived?

DarthReign

I say that he never did die, even though the novel says so, but that he severed his connection with the force; hence the force blast that occurred. By doing so his presence in the force would not be possible to detect (Yuuzhan Vong ring any bells) which is why the two dark lords thought he was dead.

I say that he never did die, even though the novel says so, but that he severed his connection with the force; hence the force blast that occurred. By doing so his presence in the force would not be possible to detect (Yuuzhan Vong ring any bells) which is why the two dark lords thought he was dead.

Well both are very possible...I think they kept him alive. Palpatine is no fool and would use Starkiller as means to an end if he had the chance too. Like he did in the Dark Side ending.

I say that he never did die, even though the novel says so, but that he severed his connection with the force;hence the force blast that occurred. By doing so his presence in the force would not be possible to detect (Yuuzhan Vong ring any bells) which is why the two dark lords thought he was dead.

But he was using the Force in the trailer.

Anyway, there is no way the Sith let him live IMO if they know he's alive. It's like I said, it may come down to his body being dumped and he wakes up and escapes.

YES! And then they could make it so you start the game very weak in the force again. Seriously, they probably did something like this for the storyline so you don't start out freakishly powerful.

Some interesting ideas, the above:). I like to beleive that his body was dead, but somehow his "soul" of the force was still alive (something like a force ghost). So, he wakes up in a totally uknown place to him and far away from the Empire.

Anyway, I'm very very curious to see the actual game plot no matter what!

• 3 months later...

Hmm... i think the obvious has been overlooked... In the novel it says tin the end that starkiller's spirit dissipates into space. Well what happened to the emperor??? IT was said that after the events of episode 6, his spirit travelled to byss and entered one of the clones there. Well this is what might've happened.

Holy crap, you guys are all mixed up. If you don't believe the following statement, verify it on Wookiepedia, the Star Wars Wiki. Starkiller died at the end of the first game. The game and book confirm this. But Vader was lying the entire time about never planning to kill the Emperor. He tried to kill Starkiller so the Emperor would not sense his deception.

After Starkiller's death Vader took his body to Kamino and made a clone. The clone experiences the old Starkiller's memories, and Vader's taunting made him doubt his mental stability. So the clone seeks out his old self's friends, Leia, Kota, Juno, and everyone else. Am I the only one who reads Wookiepedia?You PLAY AS HIS CLONE! STARKILLER DIDN'T SURVIVE!

Holy crap, you guys are all mixed up. If you don't believe the following statement, verify it on Wookiepedia, the Star Wars Wiki. Starkiller died at the end of the first game. The game and book confirm this. But Vader was lying the entire time about never planning to kill the Emperor. He tried to kill Starkiller so the Emperor would not sense his deception.

After Starkiller's death Vader took his body to Kamino and made a clone. The clone experiences the old Starkiller's memories, and Vader's taunting made him doubt his mental stability. So the clone seeks out his old self's friends, Leia, Kota, Juno, and everyone else. Am I the only one who reads Wookiepedia?You PLAY AS HIS CLONE! STARKILLER DIDN'T SURVIVE!

Holy crap yourself, no you're not the only one who reads wookepedia, but obviously you're the only one who believes everything on there as gospel.

Dude, whats the matter with you???? Vader and the emperor both plotted the events of force unleashed 1... Remember "You must be relentless lord vader, If even a single rebel survives, this alliance WE have unwittingly created will be our undoing" I don't wanna waste bandwidth explaining the second part to you.

Not to mention that you guys are all spelling the "Wookiee" part of "Wookieepedia" wrong. ;)

He is correct, however, in stating that the novel confirms Galen's death, for it describes his consciousness rising from his body and out into space before dissipating. This could, however, have been a dear-death/out-of-body experience. There will be a novelization of the second game as well, which I'm sure will explain it somehow.

This will be my first reply so please forgive my newness...

I believe that Starkiller was a long term project on the part of Vader, possibly his attempt to create/prolong life.

This thought first occured to me earlier this year when i reread the TFU novel. When Juno is first brought to the secret chamber, it mentions several time that there were cryotubes (or someting similar to that). I wondered why that was so significant, but now it makes sense that deceased 'subjects' get frozen and stored.

If Starkiller got killed, it would make sense that Vader would just unthaw a new one and send him on his next mission.

Slighty more far fetched, I was under the impression that bacta only went so far in healing a paitent. to that end, it was supposed to be a plot device to explain Luke's change of appearance in that it DOESN'T heal every wound. And yet Galen remarked on how his scars were gone and he wasn't robotic.

I propose that there have been more clones, with newer units replacing deceased ones.

Alright, I COMPLETELY disregarded Korr800's post because wookieepedia is like wikipedia, anybody can put that information on the page, usually it's pretty accurate at times, but for something that hasn't even been released, someone, who believes Starkiller to be a clone wrote the plot summary for the TFU 2 page, but nobody knows 100%.

And then mrgreene32's post...yeah your newness is really showing since I honestly don't know what point you're trying to make and I don't know where you're getting at. Maybe it's just me but someone please help me understand your post.

And as for my opinion on whether he's a clone or not, I'm putting all the money on that he's not a clone. Just look at the site now, Subject 1157(I think that's it) is destroyed by Subject 1138, which I'm pretty sure is the name given to Starkiller in the first TFU while on the Empirical.

So are they giving us these big hints that the Starkiller we're controlling is not a clone, or are they giving us these hints to assume he isn't a clone, just to give us a big twist that he is one or what? I just hope he's not a clone, I find the idea of his spirit transferring bodies really kinda lame and not too Starwars-y(don't mention Dark Empire to me)

*EDIT* and don't mention my Dark Empire Emperor's clone avatar either lol. I just thought it looked cool.

My point was that the Starkiller who finished the game/story after his appearent death and 'revival' on the Impirical was probably a clone.

I came to this conclusion on the basis that he had no scars or cybernetics AND that bacta may not heal enough to remove his scars or to repair the damage of being stabbed and spaced.

As to Vader's "long term plan"...speculation on my part that he may have been attempting explore the whole life extending process that drew him to the dark side in the first place.

i think this topic is being thought into a little to much lol.

I dont think he ever died, e.g when vader slapt him around and at the end of the game.

Reason why ..... i find it hard to belive they would already kill off the main charcter in the middel of the game.....

Also , based on things that ive heard about the cloning idea, its all very inconclusive , there is something else behined the curtain. We still dont know for sure that he is a clone which means he oviously didnt die at the end of TFU , only time will tell guys. :)

You guys gotta be kidding me. You think that we were playing as a clone after Vader's Betrayal? That to me is one of the most retarded ideas I've heard so far. Explain to me why he's more powerful than the start of the game and remembers everything about his mission to kill Kota, Kazdan, and Shaak Ti clearly without "visions". I mean, just him going into space without any protection after Vader's betrayal and surviving is impossible in real life, but it's Starwars, so I'll let that one slip. But it's so stupid to say that the Starkiller we play as after Vader's betrayal is a clone, since we see Starkiller's body being retrieved from space, so I suggest you guys change your thinking regarding this.

And Palpatine had a tendancy to foresee the future very well. So Vader's betrayal may have always been there, to use Starkiller to route out the rebels as Palpatine planned. I really don't think he was a clone in the first game, maybe in the second though.

Archived