Home

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

leXX

Never been a huge TR fan but definitely interested in a game involving the Maya.

I giggle every time I hear the word Maya... when I was in Mexico in 2006 strolling around Tulum, a middle aged lady from Wisconsin said to our Mayan guide "Mayan huh, I thought you guys were like extinct or somethin"

:ugh:

Ah, Americans :thmbup1:

mtfbwya

Can't say I'm digging the concept after watching that. The camera work did indeed remind me of Diablo and the Ultimate Alliance games, but I would personally prefer a Lara Croft/Tomb Raider game continue in the visual presentation the series has exhibited in the past. I won't condemn it until I've seen more but based solely on that trailer I"m not excited.

Another "proper" Tomb Raider game is being developed aswell. This is just something new they are trying out.

Ah, Americans :thmbup1:
Yes, let us base our perception of an entire country's population, based off of our interaction with some stupid bitch from Wisconsin on a vacation to Mexico, home of Tequila.

Yes, let us base our perception of an entire country's population, based off of our interaction with some stupid bitch from Wisconsin on a vacation to Mexico, home of Tequila.

lolz. If you think this (global) perception is false or undeserved, you have two options:

1. Never leave the US

2. If you do, please tell people you are Canadian when you dine out

There was a post-Obama ''wow it's cool you guys elected a black guy'' amnesty granted for yanks traveling outside the US, it lasted about 6 months but I can verify it's officially over. The spit in your coffee and boogers in your dinner is back on.

Remember: Canada.

OT:

@Lexxy. Ive actually never played a TR game before. What would you recommend for PC that will look/play nice on high end kit.

mtfbwya

What would you recommend for PC that will look/play nice on high end kit.
The most recent, Underworld, would look the best (and may give you an idea of what to expect for Deus Ex 3, as it is using the same engine), but you may be a bit lost with the plot. There's a lot of reference to stuff from Legend, which was the first Crystal Dynamics TR and two games before Underworld (Anniversary, a remake of TR1, was in between).

please tell people you are Canadian when you dine out
You mean oot.

Astro, stop picking fights and being obnoxious. I know that's hard for you, but please, for everyone's sake, try.

On topic:

Welp, at least they're not doing something like this...

8.jpg

Though I imagine our female members really wouldn't have a problem with Larry Croft. :xp:

OT:

@Lexxy. Ive actually never played a TR game before. What would you recommend for PC that will look/play nice on high end kit.

mtfbwya

I recommend starting with Legend. Great graphics, great gameplay and wouldn't be too hard for the uninitiated. Besides, it's the first of the next gen TR games and it's always a good idea to start at the beginning.

On topic:

Welp, at least they're not doing something like this...

8.jpg

Though I imagine our female members really wouldn't have a problem with Larry Croft. :xp:

Wanna bet? That's just wrong. :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, has anyone else played the demo for this game? If so, what was your opinion of it?

PS: So...whatever happened to that other TR game being developed that was mentioned in this thread? I couldn't find anything about it anywhere but here. (I don't use Facebook, so I'm probably just not navigating the Facebook page correctly.)

I play the demo and didnt think too much of it....gulp....I'm not sure I like where Lara Croft is going in the gaming world. Maybe I need to give it another try.

I didn't care for it either, any of the five times I played through it trying to convince myself that it was good. >_< The combat's clunky, the climbing is nothing like one would expect from a Tomb Raider game, unless you're doing co-op the story doesn't make sense, even in the first level... *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing and enjoying all of it. It's impressive for a top down shooter game, I've never seen something so beautiful on a game of that kind. Sure, dialogs and voice acting suck, but that doesn't bother me. Same goes for the storyline; it's crude and mostly and excuse for the fighting, but the enemies are varied and the amount of weapons makes for strategy elaboration. It's fun and a rather long game. Some diehard TR fans don't seem to be enjoying it much, but I have no shame in admitting I'm enjoying myself more with Guardian of Light than any other TR game since Legend.

Archived