Home

Should we have multiple guest speakers on LucasCast?

Darth Groovy

Should LucasCast have multiple guest speakers on every episode?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should LucasCast have multiple guest speakers on every episode?

• No, you are doing fine with the people you have present.
    • Yes, I would like to nominate someone! (please specify)

I know I'm no doctor (maybe Jae can check my facts for me), but if you fought to the death and lost wouldn't you be too dead to do the podcast?

Methinks stoffe hath bested us all.

I can confirm that when you are dead, you do not breathe, and breathing normally is required for speaking.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the slight res but I'm just now catching up on the episodes (slacker that I am :xp: )

Couldn't really vote with the 2 options since my take is a combo of the two. Yeah, I'm that difficult.. hehehe

I'm all for multiple guest speakers, however I think it should be dependent upon the content, style and time limitations (if any).

If the speaker is present for say, an interview (and round-table discussion afterwards about topics to be covered in the LC), I'd rather the LC stick to one guest so the speaker could get more airtime and perhaps a more in-depth interview. Personal, professional.. cover the gambit. If there's not enough to fill content then it would acceptable for more than 1 guest speaker. :)

If it's more of an open round-table, shoot the breeze, round robin type of LC, minus an interview... then more than one guest wouldn't be much of a distraction and could be quite fun :D

Either direction would be fine in my book, I'd just hate sacrificing any potential of 'getting to know' more about the speaker just for the sake of having as many voices as possible. Since hopefully the LC isn't going away, there's more than enough time to cover any nominations. No need to rush.

I'd much rather wait for an anticipated guest than to have them on for a "sweeps" rating, especially if it meant getting to know them better... hehehe (throw in a shameless nomination plugs for Prime, RedHawke & Shem ;) )

Just my :twocents:

We need modders for guest speakers sometimes.

YES. SECONDED. Especially some of the new modders on the scene. Would love to hear their take on the scene and how they're bringing fresh ideas (big & small) to a game that's been modded to all ends and back. And of course some of the veterans that started the madness from way back then. :D

EDIT: forgot to mention.

No matter the direction you gals-n-pals take, just wanted to give you a hearty "Great Job". The LC is a welcomed addition to my podcast subscriptions and I always look forward to them (albeit I hear them late). I hope that everyone appreciates all the work you put in to them. Also, don't forget to keep having fun doing them. Don't let it become a "job". ;) Just wanted to let you know that all of you have a fan. Keep up the great work.. you're doing a tremendous job!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't do the skype thing--same reason I don't facebook, b/c I do banking online and this would create several holes in my security on several levels. :(

Haven't been keeping up on LC much lately...or at all.

I'll be serious here:

In the "HA, dream on!" category:

Kevin Smith...I mean who doesn't like the genius behind silent Bob?

Whoever the creator of Street Fighter was... I know there's AT LEAST a few people here who would share that one...

Keiji Inafune, creator of the megaman series. I'd love to ask him some questions...

Drew Karpyshyn--he's done work on the storyline for KOTOR 1, and mass effect, also has written the Darth Bane trilogy. Word is he is still looking for PR as he continues to churn away on SW:TOR.

In the down to earth category:

After having heard the whole dutch oven talk (:rofl:) I wonder what point man has to say about all that. :smirk2:

Hmm...just for mischief...Tommycat...because he said he can do Beavis and Butt-Head...and I really want to know if that was HIM I once heard on "The World Famous Frank Show" some years ago.

Astrotoy7...just because I think his user name is awesome.

Anyone that moderates the kotor section. Being around all of you funky-freaky nerds all the time, now I'd like to hear the sound of your voices.

Oh and uh...I also nominate Stoffe as well. :dev11: *runs away*

Archived