Home

I can't unistall the KOTOR1

medvike

Hello Guys (Say it plz when i am posting in the wrong section).

Well somewhere in the past i've Uninstalled KotOR because of some reasons like It didn't Work on Windows7 . and I needed to Uninstall.

I could Uninstall then Reinstall for the first time but the second Reinstalled it then I was puttin some mods like: Bastila Romance :p It didn't work( the MOD)

So i was going to Unistall again it worked( the Game wasn't anymore in the Add & Remove Programs) it was gone.

( now the Weirdest thing ever) I Could play without the Installation because There wasnt a tab with Install on the third time. So I was going to Uninstall it again But the Game didn't Respond it is responding to all other tabs but not on Uninstall.

----Edit----

By the way i can put mod in the Override Folder but then the Mods doesn't work. It's really weird There is no icon of the game in Add & Remove Programs and still I can play KotOR I. So please people help me.

So Guys Please Help me I Beg u all please.

If you can't uninstall by conventional means, I would recommend browsing to the setup file located on the game disk, then running it. If your registry entry for the KOTOR 1 install is still there (value only removed during uninstallation), it will begin setting up the uninstallation. Please post back with your findings, as I have more suggestions.

OK, looks like you're going to have uninstall it manually. If you do it this way, you're going to have to be very, very careful and follow these instructions exactly or you might end up having to reinstall windows.

1) Under C:\Program Files, delete the Lucasarts folder. If you have other Lucasarts games installed, then delete only the C:\Program Files\SWKotOR folder.

2) Download and install CCleaner, then run its registry cleaning utility. It will ask if you want to backup your registry. Do so in a place that you'll remember. This backup file can then be used to restore your registry to the way it was if you screw up this next step. This is done by simply double-clicking on the file.

3) Go to the start menu, click on "Run...", type "regedit" (without the quotes) in the run window and click on "OK" to open the registry editor. Look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE for the Bioware and Lucasarts entries. If you have other Lucasarts or Bioware games installed, then look for the entries specific to KotOR under the main Bioware and Lucasarts entries and delete them. If you don't, then you can just delete the entire Lucasarts and Bioware entries. Delete them by right-clicking on the entry, choosing "delete" and then confirming the deletion.

4) When you're done, empty the recycle bin and reboot and the game should be completely uninstalled.

ok i deleted,i did the second paragraf, i did the third paragraf but it doesn't unistalled pls help

Go back into the registry using regedit to see if the changes that you made actually took effect. After making changes to the registry, you have to reboot to make them do so.

Otherwise, your only other course is to reinstall Windows, as Totenkopf suggested.

Archived