Co-op & Multiplayer ?

Will there be any co op or Multiplayer  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be any co op or Multiplayer

• Co op & Multiplayer
    • Just Co op
    • Just Multiplayer
    • No Co op or Multiplayer

Right... Lego Star Wars was co-op and was not a fail, NSMB was co-op and was not a fail. Your point?

Source?

A game may have co-op, yet you can play it singleplayer.

1. Did you not read that I said it was my opinion?

2. Source? Examine the freaking engine, TFU's engine is very similar to Jedi Knight. The movement, fast paced, power/ability arrangement, a lot more suggests it.

3. Co-op games fail at single player. You have to have some useless bot following you which doesn't do **** to help you when your in a jam. Represented in Lego Star Wars and Republic Heroes

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3. Co-op games fail at single player. You have to have some useless bot following you which doesn't do **** to help you when your in a jam. Represented in Lego Star Wars and Republic Heroes

Not necessarily. Look at all of the Halo games. You can play co-op in all of them but if you play SP then there isn't any extra AI.

Co-op could be done by having player 1 control starkiller normally while P2 has some other extra functions.

Maybe a little combat drone...or maybe tagging enemies for combo's. But that's a far stretch.

Multiplayer will probably be a duelling mode.

Maybe they could add a face/clothing editor to create your own Jedi and have a Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy multiplayer with TFU graphics en physics. Would be awesome.

So I'm guessing Multiplayer only.

Nice topic btw. Co-op in a Star Wars game. Worthwhile to think about.

If it was ever going to be a co-op i think it would be sweet as if Vader , The Emperor and Starkiller had a mission where they went to wipe out some wookies lol (everyone bags the wookies) would be cool to have them both at your side kicking hairy wookie but :)

If it was ever going to be a co-op i think it would be sweet as if Vader , The Emperor and Starkiller had a mission where they went to wipe out some wookies lol (everyone bags the wookies) would be cool to have them both at your side kicking hairy wookie but :)

Hmmm...do I smell Survival Mode?

On Kashyyk, fighting undenging waves of Wookiees with famous characters...

Non-canon as hell, but frying, slashing, teabagging Wookiees sounds awesome!

I go for just multiplayer...But this time I hope they have more than just duels. I would like to see some Jedi Knight series multiplayer.

If possible, yet highly unlikely, I would love to see a siege mode like in JKA that was so much fun.

I hope it is something like Metal Gear Solid - You have to admit, Metal Gear Solid 4 had a good Multiplayer until they began to add-on some stuff that was broken...{Cqc Ex}

If this game did a multiplayer like MGS4 i'd be in heaven...

I wish there was, but apparently there won't be any.

If anyone is curious, this is what Multiplayer looked like in The Force Unleashed for the Wii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7NJoUGZko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS7NJoUGZko

It was just your basic 1 on 1 deathmatch duel.

Coop would be awesome, though. There's only so much replay value in a single player campaign, even if the main draw of the game is "how many creative ways can you kill stormtroopers."

So just having duels would be rather boring, but still... better that than nothing.

Nope what?

A Blue Castle representative told Joystiq it does not comment on potential business relationships. Today, during a Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 demo, executive producer Haden Blackman told Joystiq that the team "definitely talked about all possible features" for a Force Unleashed sequel but ultimately they decided to focus on a "really solid" single-player experience. Blackman says he personally feels that multiplayer and co-op are "hugely important" and he would be "surprised if we didn't see some multiplayer and co-op somewhere down the line" in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed franchise.

Ever heard of an update? <.< Games do those sometimes you know and really

+1 for them working first more on a Solid single player gameplay first, before they even work on multiplayer.

Nope what?

Nope as in; they're not going to have multiplayer or co-op for TFU2. They'll probably have it for the Wii like they did with TFU, but not for the 360/ps3/pc.

Blackman says he personally feels that multiplayer and co-op are "hugely important" and he would be "surprised if we didn't see some multiplayer and co-op somewhere down the line" in the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed franchise.

Right, but don't get your hopes up. He wasn't talking specifically about having multiplayer or co-op for TFU2. For all we know they will probably come out with TFU3 and have multiplayer/co-op for that game.

Ever heard of an update? <.< Games do those sometimes you know and really

Highly unlikely, never heard of a single player game having an update for multiplayer.

I want multiplayer for TFU2 just like everyone else, but from what I've read it's not going to happen.

- I think its to soon to assume that they would do a TFU3, if it was TFU3 it would probably not have to do with Starkiller...which they could do but they need to see how sales do for TFU2 first.

- They could do multiplayer for TFU2 as an update, think about it, TFU2 is using clones = Character Customization within a tank = already a good way to start multiplayer, with a cool / nice way to use customization. I will just wait and see for the future if they do or don't.

- I think its to soon to assume that they would do a TFU3, if it was TFU3 it would probably not have to do with Starkiller...which they could do but they need to see how sales do for TFU2 first.

We can only assume, I've watched multiple interviews with Haden Blackmen talking about TFU2, referring it as "The Emperor Strike Back" for his star wars force unleashed saga and hinting that it's going to be a trilogy.

The various folks saying that they're GLAD there is no multiplayer strike me as rather. Why is it a "good thing" that there's no multiplayer? Are they against having options in a game? I don't see how the LACK of multiplayer increases the lifespan of a game or adds replay value.

It's not like people are going to be modding new single player adventures for this title after release (no word on any modding tools, like its predecessor).

Frankly, it seems like people are just trying to deflect any possible criticisms from this game when they say stuff like that.

That said, there have been other examples of games in which no functional multiplayer was available out of the box, but was added in patches later on. Let's say the multiplayer isn't complete by the release date, but they work on it later and finish it up.

I've heard the Wii version of TFU used a different engine (along with the PS2 version) from the PS3/360/PC version. Perhaps that's why they didn't just port over the MP module. But then again, why was the Wii the ONLY one with it? It's not as if the other versions would have been incapable of having two player deathmatches on a set of basic maps (with throwable objects) using the player models and saber options already available in the game, plus a handful of powerups.

Is it because they don't see a big market for this on Xbox Live or the PS Network? After all, I'm pretty sure the Wii stuff was strictly offline. Or is there (I'm just dreaming here, I know) a new online Jedi game in the works that they're afraid this might cut into?

Then again, I think the odds are slim that, "The Old Republic" will satisfy the cravings of saberists. That game looks like it has fantastic cinematics, but the game itself looks rather cartoony, almost reminding me of Team Fortress 2 (obviously not that caricatured, but still).

Highly unlikely, never heard of a single player game having an update for multiplayer.

Some examples of games that added multiplayer in patches:

"Deus Ex" and LucasArts' own "Outlaws," plus "Heroes of Might and Magic IV."

Sure, I'm pessimistic, but it's not like it would be without precedent to do something like this.

Archived