Home

When are Lucasarts ar GDC?

OzzieMonkey

Even though GDC started on Tuesday, the show floor won't open until Wednesday. I think we can expect some announcements today (it's Wednesday here already). I've got a couple of friends that are going, and I've told them to go to Telltale's booth to find out what's going on, so even IF Telltale isn't announcing anything today, I might be able to get a couple of hints about when they are going to announce it. But I'd be very surprised if they didn't announce it today.

Even though GDC started on Tuesday, the show floor won't open until Wednesday. I think we can expect some announcements today (it's Wednesday here already). I've got a couple of friends that are going, and I've told them to go to Telltale's booth to find out what's going on, so even IF Telltale isn't announcing anything today, I might be able to get a couple of hints about when they are going to announce it. But I'd be very surprised if they didn't announce it today.

Well, I'm actually talking about Lucasarts, not Telltale Games, so are your friends going to the Lucasarts one? I'm really hyped about this, and I start checking the site every 5 minutes when I'm like that, so I made this thread so I don't have do that. Thanks anyways, hope to see MI2SE in the future (and explain the bloody ending properly this time, Lucasarts!)

It's exceedingly unlikely that LucasArts will alter the game's content. However, even if they did, there'd be no way for them to explain the ending of MI2. The original staff are all gone - split-off to Telltale (Grossman), Hothead (Gilbert) and Double Fine (Schafer). Any retcon will just turn this into another Giant Monkey Robot.

One expects though, that like Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition, Le Chuck's Revenge SE will be built 'on top' of the original game, meaning the plot won't differ.

I would like more frames of animation, though.

Well, I'm actually talking about Lucasarts, not Telltale Games, so are your friends going to the Lucasarts one? I'm really hyped about this, and I start checking the site every 5 minutes when I'm like that, so I made this thread so I don't have do that. Thanks anyways, hope to see MI2SE in the future (and explain the bloody ending properly this time, Lucasarts!)

I'm not sure if Lucasarts has an actual booth, but if they do, I'm sure they will drop by and have a chat. But if Lucasarts really is showing something Monkey-related on GDC (and let's be honest, they will), I'm sure it'll end up on the internet before my friends can report back. I did tell them to bug Telltale about doing a Discworld or Indiana Jones-series, so maybe I will have something worth posting after today.

I think it's in the realms of possibility that they could add a little extra onto the end of the Mi2 ending... they actually did this with SOMI with "Guybrush Threepwood Will Return." As the recent modification to the Portal ending shows us, you don't have to add much to make a big impact!

It's exceedingly unlikely that LucasArts will alter the game's content. However, even if they did, there'd be no way for them to explain the ending of MI2. The original staff are all gone - split-off to Telltale (Grossman), Hothead (Gilbert) and Double Fine (Schafer). Any retcon will just turn this into another Giant Monkey Robot.

Is it worth pointing out that when they worked on the SOMI Special Edition they found plenty of deleted scenes / commented out dialogue in the source code? Not impossible there are some revealing nuggets in the source code to the second one.

Is it worth pointing out that when they worked on the SOMI Special Edition they found plenty of deleted scenes / commented out dialogue in the source code? Not impossible there are some revealing nuggets in the source code to the second one.

While not impossible, it's certainly not something to base any hopes on.

Wasn't there a deleted scene that showed what happened to Wally after LeChuck's fortress exploded and he was on a make shift raft and accidently drops his monacle into the sea, its possible they could add that in.

Wasn't there a deleted scene that showed what happened to Wally after LeChuck's fortress exploded and he was on a make shift raft and accidently drops his monacle into the sea, its possible they could add that in.

Not if they build it on top of the original. Besides, it is implied that Wally dies a horrible death in that scene - that wouldn't jibe with Curse ;)

http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/3/10/motd/72953/

"Yesterday was quite a busy day. It was the first official day of GDC, with plenty of meetings and events going on. We'll have coverage on the new Transformers, True Crime, Supreme Commander 2, Puzzle Quest 2, and a slew of EA Sports titles coming up shortly, so keep an eye out.

Today we have another batch of meetings ahead of us, with Disney, Sony, LucasArts etc., so we've got our work cut out for us."

Knowing how things have been going, it will probably be showed, trailered, we'll probably all play it, somehow, and then all the content will be taken down an hour later, just before you check again, because Telltale say it's a leak.

Knowing how things have been going, it will probably be showed, trailered, we'll probably all play it, somehow, and then all the content will be taken down an hour later, just before you check again, because Telltale say it's a leak.

Yeah, I know that happened with the Sam and Max:The Devil's Playhouse trailer, but I'm talking about Lucasarts and the remake of Monkey Island 2. Telltale has nothing to do with that.

You might as well go to bed, Laserschwert: I think they'll only start showing tomorrow. That's when the "GDC Expo" begins, which is the part of the event where LucasArts and Telltale will have their display booths.

Expo Hours

The GDC Expo displays the latest tools, technologies and services in the game industry and puts you face to face with decision makers and developers from across the globe.

Thursday, March 11 10:00am - 6:00pm

Friday, March 12 10:00am - 6:00pm

Saturday, March 13 10:00am - 3:00pm

There's also a list of companies which have booths at the Expo, which includes:

(Location Key)

Business Center Meeting Room = BMR

Business Center Suite = BS

Career Pavilion = CP

5 Day Meeting Room North Hall = NMR

Company / Booth Number

(...)

LucasArts / CP 2402

(...)

Telltale Games / CP 2514

So there you have it. Don't expect any news at least until Thursday at 10 AM Pacific time.

well it looks like I won't know till first thing tomorrow morning what their planning as its late here so hope its worth it

That's the good thing about being in Australia. You get info in the morning/afternoon when everyone else is sleeping. If it gets announced in 2 hours, It'll be around 1pm here in the land down under.

Archived