Home

Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge: Special Edition

Alexrd

• 3 months later...

Playing it on the iphone now.

Few criticisms

No intro - what the f***! the intro was one of the best bits of the original

Poor translation of the iMuse system - This was explained during the trailer and that is the limitations of using digital music but the music when swapping between rooms just isn't seamless as the original

Massive lag when exiting rooms - Can be really noticable when playing and does take you out of the game

I'm sure some of these will change with updates but it really is a quality game. Surprised at how much i remembered from the last time I played

• 2 weeks later...

Finished MI2 SE yesterday and I loved it.

Yes iMuse is gone, BUT the music is of higher quality (even in the classic version). I also found iMuse a bit of waste in an adventure game. It was much more useful in games such as Tie Fighter.

No lag between rooms on my PC though.

Also the controls are much better than MI1 SE. I couldn't finish that title because of the controls.

Finished MI2 SE yesterday and I loved it.

Yes iMuse is gone, BUT the music is of higher quality (even in the classic version). I also found iMuse a bit of waste in an adventure game. It was much more useful in games such as Tie Fighter.

No lag between rooms on my PC though.

Also the controls are much better than MI1 SE. I couldn't finish that title because of the controls.

WH-WH-WHAT?!?!? That's one of the best features of MI2!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I mean the title sequence with the dancing monkeys and the bits of old map interspersed with the credits. You know, only the best game intro to date!

You can still see it if you switch back to ye olde graphickes mode, but a special edition makeover would've been nice. :(

Oh wait wait I remember - it was the lucasarts logo shooing away the monkeys, doing a little dance, then being shocked into logo mode by the monkeys a second later! :D

And in the original it was Guybrush, no? :D

I can't believe you haven't seen it either! That's MY job! :giggle1: Surprised but glad it's still there for the world to see though! :D There are a couple of other MI flashies linked there in that page too but this one's the best! :rofl:

I can't remember how to unlock the four or so extra outtakes (I think you can google it) but you HAVE to see them, there's this BRILLIANT wedding outtake that had me laughing for days!! :rofl:

Haha! You're right. The wedding scene is excellent.

It was also the last hidden scene I found, but I'm glad I persevered.

If you guys are reeaaally good I might post how to get to the hidden scenes. Yes! That's right! Someone other than Artisa and I has to come into this thread and BEG! ON YOUR KNEES! Or just ask nicely, or to be honest just post a load of links to watching films for free online, I'm not fussy.

And if that doesn't get some life into this thread, nothing will.

I'm impressed you managed to find it on your own! :D I'm pretty sure I cheated :giggle1: Guess it doesn't matter now cos I forgot how to unlock them so I can discover it on my own this time :halo2:

or to be honest just post a load of links to watching films for free online, I'm not fussy.

I'd find it really funny if a spam account actually replied to that.

I think the style of Curse of Monkey Island took advantage of the increased resolution available really well. It wasn't that different to the original games, just more stylised.

Painting higher definition graphics over the top of the original stuff in the two Special Editions didn't really work very well for me, although the second game was much better than the first! They looked that way because you couldn't get them any better at the time, so sticking to the same style at higher resolution just turned out looking a bit weird.

Archived