Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

The interface could be seen briefly in the leaked vid:

interfacewm.jpg

So I guess other objects show more verb-icons around the compass.

I guess this removes the confusion of trying different verbs on things to see if they do anything. Now you can just see the ones that elicit a unique response.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess this removes the confusion of trying different verbs on things to see if they do anything. Now you can just see the ones that elicit a unique response.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that people new to the franchise get it easier, when we had to wrack our brains with the original. It's iliminating a lot of the difficulty. Let's just hope the inventory doesn't work the same way. Hey, speaking of which, how would we use the inventory?

Maybe you can only polish his peg-leg for a tip after you've already chartered the boat? I can't remember this in detail.

Here's a video I found on youtube a few weeks ago showing someone polishing the leg to get 6,111 pieces of eight, enough to charter a ship. :)

Hmm, I just watched that leaked SE video for the first time since Youtube pulled it, and something bothers me slightly. It's the line about not knowing a good story unless you paid fifty bucks for it. Now that's a good gag, but no-one has paid that much for MI2 since the early 90s (except maybe LucasArts Museum members.)

I mean, I'm all for the sanctity of the original text. And classic mode should stay exactly the same as it ever was - but changing that line to ten bucks - or whatever they charge for it - would surely be better for all the newcomers who pick it up?

Meh, it's a ridiculously small and irrelevant point to make really. Nevermind!

That video annoys me... why couldn't the idiot who made it just let the game run? Bah.

Still not loving Largo's voice. Nowhere near as threatening and slimy as I imagined when I played it.

Also, no Bart and Fink voice... although someone claimed you could hear them in one of the videos. Is there another one?

That video annoys me... why couldn't the idiot who made it just let the game run? Bah.

Still not loving Largo's voice. Nowhere near as threatening and slimy as I imagined when I played it.

Also, no Bart and Fink voice... although someone claimed you could hear them in one of the videos. Is there another one?

There are 2 videos. Here's the second one, it has their voices:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/extraits-videos-jeux/0000/00005073/monkey-island-2-lechuck-s-revenge-special-edition-video-non-officielle-2-hd.htm

I really like all the visual effects they've added, such as the swaying grass in the Bart and Fink close-up, the flying birds behind the Weenie Hut, the bugs buzzing around the lanterns at Woodtick, the frog sitting on the rock in the Woodtick swamp, and of course all the cool water, fog, and cloud effects.

The first SE was just a test run and with its success I think they've finally gotten a decent budget to make the sequel really shine. Too bad MI1 is my favorite. Nonetheless, I can't wait to play this one. :)

I think they skipped most of it because firstly, they didn't like the game for some unfathomable reason, and secondly the sound would lag really badly after a few minutes and they must have wanted to get some gameplay in.

But yeah, I would've liked to see the opening in full, too. Why haven't LucasArts released it officially yet? D:

Welcome to the forums, unicornfoal! Awesome avatar.

Thank you! :D

There are 2 videos. Here's the second one, it has their voices:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/extraits-videos-jeux/0000/00005073/monkey-island-2-lechuck-s-revenge-special-edition-video-non-officielle-2-hd.htm

I really like all the visual effects they've added, such as the swaying grass in the Bart and Fink close-up, the flying birds behind the Weenie Hut, the bugs buzzing around the lanterns at Woodtick, the frog sitting on the rock in the Woodtick swamp, and of course all the cool water, fog, and cloud effects.

The first SE was just a test run and with its success I think they've finally gotten a decent budget to make the sequel really shine. Too bad MI1 is my favorite. Nonetheless, I can't wait to play this one. :)

Cool! Really enjoyed that one. I like the voices for Bart and Fink. I can totally and happily live with them. Excellent! Nice effects they've added, too. (I hope they fix Guybrush's rope, though -- and it's a bit odd that he's swinging so much, but that was the original game, so I suppose they can't change it?).

I'm actually, dare I say it, looking forward to playing this!

Yeah, you actually don't NEED to visit Wally in his cell; you can just go straight to LeChuck's office and grab the key. (This is even more likely to happen in Easy Mode, where you reach the jail by going down one passageway, but reaching the office is as simple as going down another.)

I pity Dom now.

I have more pity for the guy playing Bart. You can get him to sing the Bottles o' Beer-song, and start with a number as high as 10 900 bottles, if I recall correctly. And he actually sings every line down to 1 if you let him.

I find it strange that so many people never saw that scene.

Guybrush: "Could you stop that annoying swinging please?"

Wally: *stops swinging* "Sorry."

Classic.

Can't wait to hear this one as well with voices.

Wally: It was horrible! They abducted me in my office... ...brought me here in a duffel bag... ...interrogated me...Then they... ...they...

Guybrush: What? What?

Wally: They took away my monocle for awhile.

Guybrush: I see.

I have more pity for the guy playing Bart. You can get him to sing the Bottles o' Beer-song, and start with a number as high as 10 900 bottles, if I recall correctly. And he actually sings every line down to 1 if you let him.

Oh, I forgot about that one. Poor Bart. I also pity the testers for having to sit and listen to the whole thing.

Really didn't like Elaine's voice in the "Well, well, well. Guybrush Threepwood"-line. I always imagined her to be much more gruff and sarcastic in her tone. Here she sounds almost kind and careless, which seems odd since she's still angry with Guybrush for only caring about the treasure, and not her. And this comes from a person who liked Cobb's voice in the SMI:SE...

Not sure what the "problem" is, exactly. They just record they bits and put them together, the same way they had Dom read the time in CMI. They don't record every number, more like: "Ninety" "Nine" "bottles of beer on the wall...". Or "One" "Hundred" "Thousand" "Nine" Hundred" "And" "Fifty" "Three" "bottles of beer on the wall..." etc. Not really a big deal at all, and quite easy to make any number you like.

Really didn't like Elaine's voice in the "Well, well, well. Guybrush Threepwood"-line. I always imagined her to be much more gruff and sarcastic in her tone. Here she sounds almost kind and careless, which seems odd since she's still angry with Guybrush for only caring about the treasure, and not her. And this comes from a person who liked Cobb's voice in the SMI:SE...

I've always disliked British Elaine... she can barely act in my opinion, but this is a tricky line to read, IMO. I've never really gotten how it should be read, my ex did a good reading of it once, but she refused to let me record it. I thought Elaine's changed voice in EMI was one of the things they got right in that game. Oh well.

Here's her photo, for anyone who happens to be interested (it's her on the right):

314445.jpg

Archived