Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I agree with you completely, Varrok.

28900_388608523363_78883723363_4181836_734017_n.jpg

is tons better than what we ended up with here

27700_388951993363_78883723363_4189999_6896967_n.jpg

Also the other three concepts seemed to keep making Elaine's legs stubby. So version 5 went with this but 4 did not. It's good to see someone really knows what they are doing because I think V4 looks amazingly great and now I'm going to just sit here and wish that Elaine were in the game.

I honestly don't like either of those two Elaines, and I really REALLY wish that they'd kept the purple shirt; not to mention the general angry expression. Now she just looks like Indiana Jones's abandoned daughter.

I think the angry expression works to be honest. I always saw the MI2 Elaine as a generally pissed-off person, though it's been so long since I played it I can't remember why. Didn't she basically hate Guybrush when he showed up at her new mansion?

I have to say I'm not a fan of V4. It's a good piece of art but it doesn't really say 'Elaine' to me nor does it really fit into the MI2:SE. Looks more like an androgynous NPC in some Japanese RPG or something.

I like V5 but that's one seriously big head she's got. ;

I have to say I'm not a fan of V4. It's a good piece of art but it doesn't really say 'Elaine' to me

Well... V4's not perfect, but she looks more like Elaine than that V5........thing.....

BTW - she's now completely different than MI:SE version... it's not good, is it?

What does Elaine's face look like? Far as I can tell we've had about 6 or 7 previous versions of it in previous games that are all quite distinct, not counting box art.

I can't see how this latest version is so divergent from the previous half-dozen versions that it no longer looks like Elaine, whatever that means. I'm not a big fan of v5. I think it'll look better in-game but whatever. I just don't see how it's any less Elaine-y than any of the others we've grown accustomed to.

It was an excellent show. 'The Soldier and Death' is just brilliant, and for a Jim Henson production, the show got amazingly dark sometimes.

Nothing whatsoever to do with Monkey Island, but an excellent show nonetheless! It does however have at least one Lucasfilm connection - Alison Doody, aka Elsa in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, plays the title character in the episode 'Sapsorrow' (based on one of the original, disturbing tales that eventually came together to become Cinderella).

Archived