Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're reading too much into the whole 'looks 3d' thing... It's just a stylistic choice, one you don't happen to like. I actually like it, I think it makes it distinctive.

AAANYWAY. iMUSE update from facebook:

Monkey Island Adventures: What you heard was music added to the video to give it more zing, not iMuse from in-game. You can be assured iMuse is working. Nothing slips by you fans, does it!

I think you're reading too much into the whole 'looks 3d' thing... It's just a stylistic choice, one you don't happen to like. I actually like it, I think it makes it distinctive.

AAANYWAY. iMUSE update from facebook:

Monkey Island Adventures: What you heard was music added to the video to give it more zing, not iMuse from in-game. You can be assured iMuse is working. Nothing slips by you fans, does it!

Sweet. I can't wait to hear it! I was worried about the iMuse thing from the video, too.

Ahaha! It's nice to know I'm not the only one capable of seeing the blatantly obvious. Thank you for posting that!

I know what you're saying, I just completely and utterly disagree and don't think it's obvious at all. I think it's petty and rather missing the point.

I know what you're saying, I just completely and utterly disagree and don't think it's obvious at all. I think it's petty and rather missing the point.

You'll be biting your tongue when they introduce the Monkey Shooing minigame as a bonus for getting all the achievements.

Me too! The glory days are making a comeback, which is great, because I just caught the tail end of 'em the first time due to my age.

I heard a rumor that this game comes out July 7th. I can't get any confirmation, though, so I dunno if it's true.

I guess every pirate themed game must be compared to Monkey Island now.

I'm just glad about the rebirth of classic adventure games.

Jolly Rover is genuinely inspired by Monkey Island, the guy who made it is obviously a big fan. I've only just started, but it uses the same text font and there's a huge reference to the bit in MI1 when Guybrush is underwater and all these useful items are just out of reach. In Jolly Rover the main character is trying to escape from a room and all the really useful escape items are boxed up and he can't open them, including a box of crowbars.

July 7th sounds about right for MI2, but I'm prepared to bet we'll find out next week for sure.

Archived