Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

Sure, but the shot of Scabb is not a zoomed shot, so that's too big a moon for it. Plus, the original sky doesn't have it.

They did the same with the moon on the docks of Mêlée in the MI1:SE... too big!

See that is what I said about the moon too... just looks like a lazy shiny photoshopped circle... I do not mind the size if they actually made it interesting to look at.

Here is what I came up with using my often limited skills in photoshop

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
fixedmoon.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See that is what I said about the moon too... just looks like a lazy shiny photoshopped circle... I do not mind the size if they actually made it interesting to look at.

gilbertmoon.jpg

Fixed

Edit: Why did you have to add that picture Irishmile :( now the comic timing is broken! (and yes that was Ron Gilbert's face)

No, but Largo did dump his riches into the swamp in the original game. At least that's how I interpreted it.

:confused: He says he's going to rob Guybrush ("This here's a toll bridge"). Then he says to Guybrush, "Hey, you're loaded! Tonight's my lucky night!" or something like that. Then, once you've got you're voodoo doll, Guybrush can demand his money back from Largo, but he claims he's already spent it (on what, I do not know).

Anyways, so they HAVE added some new stuff to the game. Very interesting.

What makes you think Largo didn't fish the money out?

Because that would be absolutely absurd, I guess. Why would anyone, with the strength Largo has, not just take the money. Why would they deliberately drop it into a swamp... forcing themselves to get covered in swamp mud, and completely vulnerable to any recently-robbed pirates dropping rocks on their head?

This is something from the original game, I think. A lot of junk drops out of Guybrush's pocket and Largo takes it all...err...by taking it using his psychic powers from the swamp.

Unless I've just been completely blind every time I've played MI2, there definitely hasn't been anything dropping out of Guybrush's pockets... Has there?

Edit: No, I just checked. They have definitely added something to the game... and probably other things, too. Quite interested to find out what.

I think the essence of what happened is Largo started messing Guybrush's **** up, realised he was loaded when gold started falling out his pockets, then decided to take what hadn't fallen out.

There's no other way Largo would have known Guybrush was loaded unless he has an invisible third hand. I remember actually wondering when I was younger how Largo knew he was loaded.

This is a sensible addition IMO. ;

I think the essence of what happened is Largo started messing Guybrush's **** up, realised he was loaded when gold started falling out his pockets, then decided to take what hadn't fallen out.

There's no other way Largo would have known Guybrush was loaded unless he has an invisible third hand. I remember actually wondering when I was younger how Largo knew he was loaded.

This is a sensible addition IMO. ;

I just assumed they didn't animate him searching his pockets. Considering he holds Guybrush upsidedown for a large part of their conversation it wouldn't quite make sense that he suddenly noticed just after Guybrush speaks. It's also worth pointing out that Large says "Hey! You're loaded!" AFTER he's pulled Guybrush back.

loaded.gif

But I'm not really bothered about that, I'm more interested in the fact that they've added some new things to the game. What else will there be? Medium Monkey mode? A different ending?! (Ok, maybe not that, but we're talking additions here!)

Because that would be absolutely absurd, I guess. Why would anyone, with the strength Largo has, not just take the money. Why would they deliberately drop it into a swamp... forcing themselves to get covered in swamp mud, and completely vulnerable to any recently-robbed pirates dropping rocks on their head?

Also Largo could've just pinned Guybrush to the ground, knee him in the stomach and steal his money. But one could say that Largo isn't very smart and grabbing Guybrush by the ankles like that was probably him reacting before actually thinking. Just my theory though!

A bit of gold dropping into a swamp isn't a retcon, Thunderpeel. Relax.

Kroms, seriously. You're patronizing tone is making me very angry.

Did I a) Suggest it was a retcon? Answer: No, that would be OTHER PEOPLE in this thread.

Did I b) Suggest it was bad thing? Answer: NO.

Did I c) Suggest that any changes to the game would be bad? Answer: NO.

Did I d) Get quite exciting about the changes they might have added to the game? Answer: Yes, I did.

The only thing I need to relax from is your posts deliberately singling out EVERY SINGLE THING I WRITE.

If you're having difficult with the concept of other people having conflicting opinions to your own, may I suggest we take this to the PMs so I, and other people, don't have suffer any more of this?

Seriously: The next time you feel the need to tell me to "relax" or "come on, man" or "stop having a different opinion to me, it makes my head hurt", just put it in a PM. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. Either way, keep it out of the forums. Thank you.

Kroms, seriously. You're patronizing tone is making me very angry.

Seriously: The next time you feel the need to tell me to "relax" or "come on, man" or "stop having a different opinion to me, it makes my head hurt", just put it in a PM. Otherwise, keep it to yourself. Either way, keep it out of the forums. Thank you.

I don't think you realize how patronizing and nitpicky *you've* come across. But, hey. We usually have amicable banter; I'd rather we kept it that way. There's no need to be so aggressive and rude.

And just so you know, your tone DOES sound like you hate every single change, though I guess you didn't realize it or intend to convey it that way.

Here is what I came up with using my often limited skills in photoshop

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
fixedmoon.jpg

I didn't actually have a problem with the original moon but dear God, that looks awesome.

You're absolutely right, the definitely have.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you disagreeing or agreeing with me?

I just assumed they didn't animate him searching his pockets. Considering he holds Guybrush upsidedown for a large part of their conversation it wouldn't quite make sense that he suddenly noticed just after Guybrush speaks. It's also worth pointing out that Large says "Hey! You're loaded!" AFTER he's pulled Guybrush back.

loaded.gif

Wait, what do you mean by "after he's pulled Guybrush back"? Do you mean after he's turned him upside down? Because if so, then, like Thrik said, it would make sense for change to fall out of Guybrush's pockets because it would help Largo to realise that he's loaded. If, however, he realises he's loaded before shaking him upside down then it wouldn't make as much sense.

But I'm not really bothered about that, I'm more interested in the fact that they've added some new things to the game. What else will there be? Medium Monkey mode? A different ending?! (Ok, maybe not that, but we're talking additions here!)

Hmm, I doubt they've added anything substantial. I wouldn't guess that this is the only graphical addition though.

The SE version of Dread's ship reminds me of the 3D version that was done in the Crysis engine... it certainly does look like the lighting is more realistic now, and I love some of the little things they've added, lime the rope at the end of Dread's ship (makes sense to have it).

Archived