Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In fact, sometimes I look back at my old posts and cry.

Oh Jesus, join the club. I've been coming here since I was about 16, which is really old enough to post intelligently the entire time. It's scary seeing how out of touch I used to be. And perhaps I'll look back on posts from this era in 9 years, and I will weep again.

Oh ****, you guys, I'm well experienced in erasing my past internet presence. I think I've been in the Sam and Max online community since 11 years old, so that's now 13 years on the internet! I used to be purposefully abusive, insulting, and gross to everyone on the Sam and Max just for kicks I suppose. I sometimes wonder who I've insulted before and forgotten about because it makes me feel like I owe certain people apologies but can't remember exactly who. I also was one time made a moderator and ended up getting myself banned by editing everyone's posts to say offensive things. I'll admit the part before getting banned was a lot of fun.

And then there was the geniunely angry teen angst phase...

Anyway, if I see any of this stuff pop up because someone is bumping a thread, I usually take time to delete or edit all of my posts to say nothing, depending on my options. The worst is when someone took the time to quote the stupid **** that came out of your mouth (or typing fingers) that you can't do anything about. :( The best is when you made an offensive insulting topic out of naivety and you find half a decade later you have the option to delete the first post, thus deleting the whole thread.

Stalinist tactics save yourself from embarrassment later I think!

Agh, that Peter Chan artwork is beautiful... compared it to the SE looks so dreary :( Still, I tried the MI1:SE again the other day (after all this talk) and the MI2:SE is truly a ton better. They've really tried to stay true to the original... Shame TellTale couldn't hire out their ToMI lead character artist for the sprites - Oh, man I'd drool over that.

Looking at the first SE again, I still can't get over just HOW shoddy it was (the guy selling the Map of Melee has white bits around him, where he wasn't cut out properly(!)), but I digress (to coin a phrase).

The original artwork is still so... beautiful. I love the contrast, too. (I missed the lack of contrast in CMI, even though that was beautiful as well.)

Why are you guys spending so much time talking about the money falling out of his pockets and the rebar in the hole on Dinky Island when REAL FANS who have LOVED THE SERIES THE LONGEST all know that what's really important is that fish on the wall above the door in the woodworker's shop. Yet another release where they forgot it. How could they? Real fans only play the releases with the fish on the door. By which I mean the original PC demo and the Amiga (for life) version. All other releases really screw up the secret, and I think all fans agree with me. I hear they took that fish out right after Ron left, which is why its only in those two versions and was taken out of all the others. That fish is probably why he left, actually. A fight over that fish in the woodworker's shop.

This is why I can only play the Amiga version of MI2.

I joke.

Why? You all complained about Guybrush's hair so much that LucasArts removed all traces of it in MI2SE.

I only disliked the hair on the cover; I thought it looked fine in-game. I just thought that the joke in the original MI2 was that the poster was just MI1 Guybrush with a mustache pasted on because they didn't have a recent picture of him.

I feel like I'm the only one who's really pleased with the MI2SE backgrounds so far. All of the outdoor ones are way more atmospheric, I think. For example, the interior of Dread's ship at sea has a cool misty bloom effect that makes it feel just like morning at sea, and in the stitched-together shot above (thanks, Laserschwert :p), it looks way sunnier and warmer, which is how I think it was supposed to look in the original (but couldn't thanks to graphical limitations).

Archived