Home

Monkey Island 2 Remake

SyntheticGerbil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, Boen's performance in that final scene is great. No-one does a better laugh.

Agreed! LeChuck is really great there, and I'm mesmerized by his spit (in a good way).

I'm not so sure about Stan though, he seems a bit unenthusiastic...

Yeah Boen remains the perfect LeChuck for me. The fortress music sounds terrific too — was a bit saddened that the video otherwise lacks music! Guess it's something well worth keeping under wraps though as I can't be the only one giddy about hearing it (and maybe buying it — much more music to justify a potential OST unlike the original).

Haha, they must be seriously plugged into the enthusiast forums this time around. Almost every pedantic issue that's been brought up has been addressed.

See, we're good for something!

The only issue left is whether or not the opening credit sequence is intact.

Monkeys must be shooed twice or I'm not nice.

Anyways, this is looking great for sure. Still not happy with the Stan voice (but I was never happy with it in CMI or EMI), but everything else in the video sounds and looks awesome to me.

Well if you set the IGN interview video on HD quality and look closely at the reflection within Craig Derrick's ear ring, you can make out the intro of the game playing on a separate screen.

It would appear the intro might be missing, but it's very hard to tell. There is still hope the monkeys will be shooed exclusively by Guybrush at some point. Check it at 6:45 if you don't believe me.

Well if you set the IGN interview video on HD quality and look closely at the reflection within Craig Derrick's ear ring, you can make out the intro of the game playing on a separate screen.

It would appear the intro might be missing, but it's very hard to tell. There is still hope the monkeys will be shooed exclusively by Guybrush at some point. Check it at 6:45 if you don't believe me.

It's okay, I saw the credits playing in the reflection of your tin foil hat ;)

Good stuff: LeChuck's voice was perfect, and the animation looks really good. I really like the background animations and stuff they've added, too. Dominic delivers the lines with absolute perfection. (His best Guybrush ever?)

Bad stuff: They overdid the lightning in the grave-digging scene to the point that it wasn't as creepy as it should have been. Largo's voice is totally grating. Barton's voice is totally grating (Fink's is good). The echo is overdone. Stan's voice.

That's it!

Sorry, ATM. I think I might have gotten confused about there being an extra image.

What puzzle was changed and how? Been ages so I can't say I really noticed anything. :~

The puzzle they changed is mentioned in the 13 minute video with Derrick (and there's probably more changes). (I think it's only a slight change -- maybe more of a tip? -- and it's the godawful "monkey wrench" puzzle.)

Since it's layering over the original game I can imagine they did one of only a couple of things... either changed things graphically like the inventory icon to give more of a clue, or actually changed the name of the object in order that it gives more of a clue about what use it could have.

Since it's layering over the original game I can imagine they did one of only a couple of things... either changed things graphically like the inventory icon to give more of a clue, or actually changed the name of the object in order that it gives more of a clue about what use it could have.

Or when guybrush picks up the monkey he says "perfect! a monkey wrench!" as well as the name of the object being "monkey wrench". They did add lines in Monkey 1, as well. In the circus after being fired from the cannon one of the fettuccini brothers says "the basic theory is fine", which wasn't in the original game, and when Lemonhead sees the idol, he says "ooh, that is nice".

Or when guybrush picks up the monkey he says "perfect! a monkey wrench!" as well as the name of the object being "monkey wrench". They did add lines in Monkey 1, as well. In the circus after being fired from the cannon one of the fettuccini brothers says "the basic theory is fine", which wasn't in the original game, and when Lemonhead sees the idol, he says "ooh, that is nice".

Most of those MI1 lines were in the original script, I think, just not actually printed by the game for some reason. The additional Lemonhead dialogue actually did show up in the disk version but was omitted in the CD release--one reason why I've never really taken to that version.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's exactly as you've said when it comes to the monkey wrench puzzle, though. Quite frankly I can forgive them; it's really not that well-designed of a puzzle, as even Dave Grossman will admit.

Archived