Home

Dragon Age 2

Pavlos

Since I know how much we love DLC....here's some more for DA 2

Isaac Clarke has already tackled the horrors of space, now he's set to travel to the more mystical realm of BioWare's Dragon Age II. He's been written into the lore of the game as Ser Isaac of Clarke, and players who buy EA's Dead Space 2 before March 31 will be able to unlock a special set of armor modeled after Isaac in Dragon Age II with a special code. Above is a picture of said armor, which isn't just for looks. In fact, it's pretty powerful gear, and EA has even released some info on the in-game perks and buffs it will grant your character.

Ser Isaac of Clarke’s Armor includes:

Isaac’s Armor

o Heavy Armor

o Contains a rune slot

o Increases armor

o Requires high dexterity and cunning

Isaac’s Boots

o Increases armor

Isaac’s Gauntlets

o Increases armor

Isaac’s Helm

o Contains a rune slot

o Increases armor

o Critical damage factor

For more info on this special offer, head over to the Dragon Age II add-on website.

source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/20/dragon-dead-space-video.aspx

This is worth a quadruple facepalm:

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand the whole thing about not being able to access 100% of the content on the disc that you've rightfully purchased.

Though, I kind of like the idea of this cross promotion... it'd be perfect if they would allow people who don't have Dead Space 2 to unlock Isaac after completing the game or something... you know... like they used to back in the olden days of gaming instead of doing all this stupid exclusive stuff.

it'd be perfect if they would allow people who don't have Dead Space 2 to unlock Isaac after completing the game or something...
Get the PC version and undoubtedly someone will make a mod of something similar. I started working on a version of the helmet for DA1 myself the other night, but shelved it due to other things I had on my plate.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, just went to my local EA site and found that the demo is supposed to be released on february 23. (I hope their not talking about the FaceBook game again)

Anyone else seeing that on their local EA site?

Edit: And by going to Biowares Dragon Age Site i find that by playing the demo i will unlock another DLC item. Some kind of odd looking sword.

DarthParametric,

Which critical points do you refer to? Toolset perhaps?

Darth Payne,

Yep. DA 2 demo should be available for download on Feb. 22. Since I have already pre-ordered DA 2 I had no intentions of playing the demo but with the offer of yet another "free" DLC item I may go ahead and get it after all. Damn OCD... :headbump

No, all the various (justifiable) criticisms that have been levelled at the "improved" art style, texture quality, interface, etc. Go back to the start of the thread and you'll see references to it. At the time, devs brushed it off as a legacy of the game still being a work in progress. As I said back then, that was a complete load of BS they served up to dodge the issue. How it looked then is exactly how it looks now. Now that the game has gone gold, they can no longer use the WIP excuse. Of course, I'm sure they'll come up with some new ones.

No, all the various (justifiable) criticisms that have been levelled at the "improved" art style, texture quality, interface, etc. Go back to the start of the thread and you'll see references to it. At the time, devs brushed it off as a legacy of the game still being a work in progress. As I said back then, that was a complete load of BS they served up to dodge the issue. How it looked then is exactly how it looks now. Now that the game has gone gold, they can no longer use the WIP excuse. Of course, I'm sure they'll come up with some new ones.

You're absolutely right. I remember the fuss on the official forums, where members were divided into two groups - one that would criticize the "improved" graphics along with changes to certain creature designs (notably the darkspawn), while the other group would vehemently insist that it's "an alpha version", "too early to tell", etc. In the end, I watched the live stream video and while I liked that certain gameplay aspects weren't being changed as much as I thought (though I still think they could and should have at least included other races, if not origins), the graphics were exactly the same as in those early "alpha" videos. Perhaps some environments looked better (they certainly looked bigger), but the characters looked pretty much the same in terms of graphics quality. Not sure yet if I'll check out the demo - right now I'm considering doing another playthrough of Origins, Awakening and relevant DLC to prepare an import save for DA2.

Just wanted to say that they've officially released the love interests.

Fenris :hearteye:

Anders

Merrill

Isabella (<-- big surprise there, huh? :p )

And all four of them are apparently bi :)

Awesome. If it hadn't been for Dawn Star in Jade Empire, that wouldn't be a first. I wonder if BioWare will ever include an exclusively gay or lesbian love interest in a future game. Also, did they say whether or not we can romance all of them in a single playthrough?

The developers refused to reveal more than the love interests, but from what I've read all of them are bi (however, that may not be true, just warning you not to yell at me and get angry if they're not :p ) But... I do not know if they are all romancable through a single playthrough, my guess would be probably not.

The developers refused to reveal more than the love interests' date=' but from what I've read all of them are bi (however, that may not be true, just warning you not to yell at me and get angry if they're not :p ) But... I do not know if they are all romancable through a single playthrough, my guess would be probably not.[/quote']

I only ask because as a male Warden in Dragon Age: Origins, I romanced Leliana, Zevran, and Morrigan in a single playthrough. In that order.

Also, does anyone think this is any indication towards a gay romance in Mass Effect 3?

Huh, seems that if we DA fans manage to DL 1 million copies of the demo, they will release two additional DLC items.

A book that gives money when read, and a book that gives XP when read. :)

This is a Call To Arms.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demo/

Edit: Well, the demo has now been released(at least for the 360), happy downloading:).

I've just finished the demo on the 360, and here are some of my thoughts:

• The class and gender selection screen felt like a nice homage to KOTOR.
  • The Mass Effect-style dialogue system was implemented well, if it takes away from the moral ambiguity of the game.
  • While entirely real-time and more stylised, combat felt very much like in Origins.
  • Though certain UI elements and other things felt reminiscent of the Mass Effect series, the game still feels sufficiently different from both that and Origins to do well.

Archived