Home

My Retro Guybrush stuff

Scapetti

Well I'm using GIMP, simply because it's free. As for my method, I just slowly worked my way from the original SMI and MI2 sprites (think I may have used Monkey Mania's sprites for some of it, but I'm sure he'll forgive me), combining them together, moving parts, changing colours et cetera.

The body was edited from MI2 guybrush and the head was edited from SMI guybrush

Here is an old version of the sprite along with the latest for comparison: TMI.gifguy1.gif

I do not know if I have a patience for it

I actually find it a lot quicker and easier to make something that looks good out of pixelling, especially considering I don't have a tablet. A single pixel can change everything, for example, if I were to remove one of his eyes D: it's that simple...

And btw, the reason the CMI one is taking me so long is because I haven't been working on it since XD It will probably get done eventually but I'll only do it when I have nothing better to do. Just in case people are thinking "boy, how long does it take him to draw these things" The actual process doesn't take long at all...

It's even easier to remove eyes with smileys :-)

I mean, .-)

hey how did uy do that 1 eye thing pls anser asap,

I actually find it a lot quicker and easier to make something that looks good out of pixelling, especially considering I don't have a tablet. A single pixel can change everything, for example, if I were to remove one of his eyes D: it's that simple...

Well, that's debatable. Making a whole piece of art from scratch can take much longer than traditional methods, whereas editing/touching up images is usually a little bit faster than traditional methods.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived