Home

My puppy died :(

Jae Onasi

Well, our puppy, Lucas, was a joy, but he was also an escape artist. We tried hard to train him not to run in the street. Tonight, he got out, and ran off. Unfortunately, a car was driving down our street too fast. He hit our dog. He never stopped. Lucas died a few minutes later.

It's been a rough few months. I found out last month my sister has stage IV cancer (the worst), and is probably going to die in about 5 years or so. A few weeks ago I was told I'll probably need arthroscopic knee surgery again. This month my dog dies. It totally sucks.

You remind of the expression "when it rains it pours". How's the Stage 4 news affecting your sister's dispostion (iirc you said she's normally got an upbeat outlook)? Maybe the arthroscopic knee surgery will remain in the might category. Not much, I'm afraid, but something's better than nothing.

She's doing pretty well in spite of it all. The chemo tires her out, but she says she has almost no nausea from it, so that's a blessing. She's a woman of tremendous, almost inspirational faith. She has her moments where she gets down, but I send her funny little stories or pictures, and other family and lots of friends are always calling/stopping by to see her, and that makes her feel much better. She has a scan in another week or so to see how the treatments are working. They're trying to shrink it down to a place where they can do surgery and get rid of more of it. My friend with pancreatic cancer who had life-threatening pneumonia 2 weeks ago pulled through. She has her scan tomorrow to find out how her treatments are going. Other than the pneumonia setback, she's feeling much less pain, which is a blessing.

The only good thing about tonight was that the speeding car didn't hit my son, who was trying to get the dog out of the street.

I'm so sorry. When my first dog died when I was a kid, I was absolutely devastated. There's a level of sadness in one's dog dying, especially as a puppy, that is pretty hard to top. I hope that your kids are taking it as well as anyone can.

As for the last few months being incredibly rough, faith in the fact that things will get better is pretty much the only thing that's gotten me through a lot of tough times. I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

RIP Lucas

Aww, Jae. Sorry to hear about the puppy. May he play forever in Puppy Heaven. :(

There really are not any adequate words to say about your sister. It's hard when family is terminally ill, but at least she has a positive outlook. At least you have the opportunity to treasure the time you still have together. Hopefully she pulls through, though. People have beaten worse, so there is always hope!

Sorry about the puppy dog Jae, and I wish upon your sister all the luck, blessings, faith, and whatever else she needs to get through her ordeal.

Hopefully you won't need your surgery, but I foresee myself being in that place five or ten years from now as my knees are in pretty bad shape already at 31.

I am very sorry about the terrible events you and your family are going through. I have happened to have lost 3 dogs, 2 of them were puppies. One was let out of the fence then hit by these brats living across the street. One was hit by a car, but the person felt very sorry and did all he could to help comfort us. The we actually lost two at the same time but only one came back. All of these ranging from my first 6 - 10 years of my life. So I know how much it hurts to lose a friend. You and your family will be in my prayers and I will be sure to put in a prayer request to my church for this sorrowful time for your family.

Well, our puppy, Lucas, was a joy, but he was also an escape artist. We tried hard to train him not to run in the street. Tonight, he got out, and ran off. Unfortunately, a car was driving down our street too fast. He hit our dog. He never stopped. Lucas died a few minutes later.

It's been a rough few months. I found out last month my sister has stage IV cancer (the worst), and is probably going to die in about 5 years or so. A few weeks ago I was told I'll probably need arthroscopic knee surgery again. This month my dog dies. It totally sucks.

That must be really sad, and even more so given the fact that jerk didn't stop even to apologize!

I feel sorry for you, Jae. Your puppy died, your sister has cancer, you need surgery...I don't know how you can deal with it all. I can relate, as my grandmother suffered from brain cancer, and died about a year or so after contracting it. My condolences to you and your family.

God has a plan for you.

:raise: Yeah, making lives miserable, though I myself am an agnostic, so I guess I shouldn't comment on that.

uhh yeah. before this becomes an issue.. enough of the Faith debate mmkay? We have threads and an entire section for that. - Cz

---

I'm terribly sorry for your loss Jae and the hardships you're facing. However I do know that you have the support of an entire community of thousands who will lend you their ears and shoulders should you need or want them. We love ya & your family gal, so know that you don't, and won't, face any of this alone :)

It has been a rough few months indeed Jae. I'm not entirely qualified to give advice(having 2 cats as children), but I can imagine the issues of illness and mortality are important ones that your little-uns are going to need yours/hubby's strength and guidance through.

Did you bury Lucas in a blue flannel shirt!! We had a little dog whose escapism also landed him in mortal trouble.

Hope things brighten up for you and your family.

Archived