Home

BRINK

Spadille

brink-logo-image.jpg

BRINK is a FPS coming out this fall for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

It's developed by Splash Damage and published by Bethesda Softworks.

The easiest way to describe the game is that it is a mix of Team Fortress 2, Borderlands and Mirror's Edge, all good games in my opinion.

In BRINK, two sides, "Resistance" and "Security", fight in the outskirts of a utopian city known as The Ark, a floating city surrounded by the waters of a flooded Earth. The Ark was designed as a prototype of a perfect city, with renewable resources and no pollution, large enough to support 5,000 residents. Its population has grown to 50,000 however, leading it to the brink (hence the name of the game) of a civil war.

This is the one of the games I'm looking most forward to this year, because of it's FPS, freerunning and RPG (XP points and classes like in Borderlands) mix.

OFFICIAL SITE

OFFICIAL CGI TRAILER:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I'm interested in Brink's combat and movement mechanics - being able to perform acrobatic stunts in the middle of a hard multiplayer game sounds good to me.

I'm not a fan of the character models, however. They just look weird.

Agreed. The movement looks very interesting to me. Hopefully it actually makes a meaningful impact on gameplay, and isn't just a useless gimmick.

As for the graphics, is anyone else here starting to feel that "cartoony" is the new "grey and brown = gritty realism"? It's seems as though a ton of games are using the same art style, which amusingly enough, was only liked because it was a change from the norm.

• 2 months later...

I saw this game at E3 in their press room. Let me put it this way:

Brink is Borderlands.

That is it. The art style, shooting, etc is pretty similar. If I have to call it based on what I saw, I'd that that Borderlands is probably a stripped down Brink. Get Borderlands and inject some TF2 elements into it and you have this game.

Really the only difference I can see is that Brink puts more emphasis on parkour, which makes it look a little like Borderlands with some Mirror's Edge thrown in.

Not that any of that is bad, but it just looks very cookie cutter.

Archived